Shopping for low-cost Honolulu Toyota Prius insurance quotes can appear to be rather difficult for consumers that are relatively new to comparing rates on the web. When there are so many companies in the marketplace, how can you have the ability to compare every one to find the cheapest price possible?
A recent survey discovered that almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Many drivers in Honolulu can save nearly 40% each year by just shopping around, but they just feel it's too hard to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes occasionally because rates trend upward over time. If you had the lowest rate on Toyota Prius insurance in Honolulu on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're about to learn the easiest way to buy cheaper Toyota Prius insurance in Honolulu.
Best companies for affordable Toyota Prius insurance in Hawaii
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Honolulu, HI. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise rates noticeably.
Impact of careless driving on car insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and accidents influence Toyota Prius car insurance rates for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Gender-based car insurance premiums
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Prius annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Get lower-cost rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before being credited.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Honolulu auto insurance quote in comparison with bad drivers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low annual miles may allow you to get lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Older drivers may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save you some money since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the cost of your policy.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, driver's education, student away at school, multiple autos, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for safety features, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, air bags, mySafetyValet, early bird, bundled insurance, accident-free, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including electronic funds transfer, distant student, alternative fuel, pay in full, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, paid in full, anti-lock brakes, company car, and paperless.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, safe driver, teen safety rewards, multi-car, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and drive less.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not be available in every state. To see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Hawaii, click this link.
Don't assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured's situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Car insurance quotes from neighborhood Honolulu auto insurance agents
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Honolulu who will give you bids to get your business. There is no reason to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. It's the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the agent properly licensed in Hawaii?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Honolulu?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
Upon getting acceptable answers for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance company that will insure your vehicles.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
You just learned many ideas to lower your Toyota Prius insurance auto insurance rates in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the best auto insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Cheap Toyota Prius insurance in Honolulu is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Hawaii Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Hawaii Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)