Want to learn how to find low-cost Subaru Outback insurance in Honolulu? Being forced to pay for high-priced car insurance premiums can drain your bank account and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Performing a rate comparison can lower your rates and help to tighten up your finances.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,000, Hawaii drivers can save approximately $360 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find affordable car insurance rates.
Insurance companies such as GEICO and Progressive persitently shower you with advertising and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
When looking for low cost Honolulu auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from many different Hawaii insurance companies. By far the easiest way to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to use the internet to compare rates.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to drive around to different Honolulu agent offices. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates this option unless your situation requires the advice and guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. However, consumers can find lower rates online but buy the policy through an agent. When comparing insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons helps locate the best price.
The following companies offer free quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$200||$350||$254||$16||$76||$896||$75|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$224||$338||$270||$16||$80||$928||$77|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$234||$378||$272||$16||$82||$982||$82|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$246||$476||$278||$16||$84||$1,100||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in your specific Honolulu location which can impact rates considerably.
Reckless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims can raise Subaru Outback premium costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance rates based on gender
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Subaru Outback insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Subaru Outback insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance rates and discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you don't get every credit available, you are just wasting money.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Multiple Vehicles - Having all your vehicles on the same insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, that's just not realistic. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your premiums.
If you would like to see a list of providers offering insurance discounts in Honolulu, follow this link.
Can't I get rate quotes from local Honolulu insurance agencies?
Some consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is definitely important in Honolulu.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Honolulu auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are wanting to find local Honolulu agents, you should know the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Honolulu may be either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include rate quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Honolulu that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to compare other company's rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu that are able to give rate quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in Honolulu should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
After receiving satisfactory answers to any questions you have and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an insurance agency that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Honolulu
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent like where you live or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates.
- Location can influence price - Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
- Credit score impacts premiums - Your credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Subaru Outback by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Car insurance lapses raise premiums - Driving without insurance is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Get married and pay lower premiums - Your spouse helps lower the price when shopping for car insurance. It translates into being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Gender is a factor - Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
- Insurance loss data for Subaru Outback vehicles - Insurance companies analyze historical claim data when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will have a higher cost to insure. The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Subaru Outback vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Subaru Outback Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Outback 4WD 58 68 106 63 64 68 Subaru Outback with Eyesight 4WD 57 46 106 61 58 40
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Honolulu, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your Subaru Outback and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your Subaru gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Outback outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Smart shoppers get results
When shopping online for auto insurance, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies. Cheaper auto insurance in Honolulu is possible online and from local agencies, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Hawaii can be found at the links below
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much is Auto Insurance in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Pearl City, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)