Feel like you're a prisoner to an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? It's a common feeling and many Honolulu consumers are in the same pinch.
Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Honolulu drivers could save nearly $400 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don't understand the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
There are many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's nice to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to compare company pricing for Scion xB insurance in Honolulu.
This information will help educate you on the best ways to compare prices. If you currently have auto insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using this information. But Hawaii drivers need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to charge you for coverage and take advantage of how the system works.
Cheapest Scion insurance price quotes in Honolulu
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise coverage rates greatly.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can drive up Scion xB insurance premiums for each age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below shows the difference between Scion xB premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no specific rule for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Scion xB replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing you more than $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Take policy discounts and save on Scion xB insurance in Honolulu
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- E-sign Discounts - A few insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on your computer.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should take driver's ed class in high school.
- Honolulu Homeowners Pay Less - Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with some insurance companies.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Life Insurance - Larger insurance carriers have a lower price if you buy life insurance from them.
- Military Discounts - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Honolulu auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To find insurance companies who offer online Scion xB insurance quotes in Hawaii, follow this link.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and choosing your policy, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
You may want advice from an insurance agency
Many people still prefer to have an agent's advice and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is definitely important in Honolulu.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that provide free Honolulu auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You'll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When researching a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to do anything.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you should always compare prices from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below are Honolulu independent insurance agents that can possibly get you free insurance quotes.
These agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu who can help you get comparison quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Honolulu?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Honolulu?
Save $427 a year. For real?
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads in print and on television. All the ads try to convey promises that you can save if you change to their company. How does each company charge you less for car insurance? Just pay attention to how they say it.
All companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of insured that will not have excessive claims. For example, this type of risk profile should be a female over age 40, has no tickets, and does not commute to work. Anyone who matches those parameters gets the lowest car insurance rates as well as save some money.
Drivers who are not a match for these stringent criteria must pay higher premiums and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is "people who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save the amount stated. That's why companies can make it sound like they have such great car insurance rates.
Because every company is different, it's extremely important to compare free Honolulu auto insurance quotes often. It's just not possible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest rate quotes.
Don't give up on affordable coverage
We just presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Scion xB insurance in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Honolulu auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Lower-priced insurance in Honolulu can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Safe Drivers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)