Shopping for cheap Honolulu Volkswagen Eos insurance quotes can appear to be rather challenging for consumers who are new to buying their insurance on the web. With so many agents and online companies, how can you even start to compare every company to locate the best available price?
Sad but true, most consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Honolulu consumers can save nearly $356 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
It's important to compare premium rates occasionally because insurance rates go up and down regularly. If you had the lowest rate on Volkswagen Eos insurance in Honolulu a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to teach you the proper way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Cheapest companies for Volkswagen Eos insurance
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$180||$370||$344||$20||$104||$1,018||$85|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$258||$484||$264||$16||$80||$1,102||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can modify prices substantially.
Car insurance premiums by gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Eos insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volkswagen Eos insurance in Honolulu
Companies that sell car insurance don't always list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to spy on driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- No Accidents - Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple cars on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Drivers Education - It's a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Professional Organizations - Affiliation with a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on car insurance.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
Auto insurance companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you need the cheapest Volkswagen Eos rate quotes, ask every company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state. To see a list of insurers who offer cheap Volkswagen Eos insurance quotes in Hawaii, click here to view.
Don't assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Every insured's situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance quotes from local Honolulu insurance agencies
Some people prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Honolulu who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. A good agent in Honolulu will have answers to these questions.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Honolulu?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Honolulu?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What companies can they write with?
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Liability car insurance
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other's property or people. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 20/40/10 which means $20,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like structural damage, attorney fees, loss of income, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Hawaii state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Volkswagen Eos.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (20/40/10 in Hawaii), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, hitting a deer, falling objects and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It's also possible to increase the deductible on your Eos to bring the cost down.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like pain medications, surgery, dental work and ambulance fees. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
When trying to cut insurance costs, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper Volkswagen Eos insurance in Honolulu is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Schofield Barracks, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Hawaii Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Safe Drivers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Kahului, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)