Do you want to save money by finding cheaper Honda Odyssey insurance in Honolulu? Have you had enough of sacrificing to buy insurance? Your situation is no different than the majority of other people in Hawaii.
Sadly, over 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Hawaii insurance shoppers could save about $356 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't understand how simple it is to find cheap insurance rates. Big companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Getting a cheaper price on Honda Odyssey insurance is a great way to save money. Just take the time to get quotes from online providers.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to make phone calls or go to insurance agents' offices. Quoting Honda Odyssey insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you're the type of person who wants the extra assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Some companies do allow you to find lower rates online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$166||$278||$346||$20||$104||$914||$76|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$158||$338||$248||$14||$74||$832||$69|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$124||$294||$320||$18||$96||$852||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can impact insurance rates significantly.
Honda Odyssey insurance rates: Men versus women
The diagram below compares Honda Odyssey premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Get cheaper rates on Honda Odyssey insurance in Honolulu with these discounts
Some insurers don't always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online.
- Accident Waiver - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers that enable companies to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Low Miles Discount - Fewer annual miles on your Honda can earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Homeowners Savings - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, that's just not realistic.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with every insurance company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Honolulu. For a list of insurers with discount insurance rates in Honolulu, follow this link.
Components of Your Honda Odyssey Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help determine your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in better insurance rates.
Policy claims cost money - Companies in Hawaii provide lower rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can expect higher rates. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
The type of vehicle makes a difference - The performance level of the vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for the lowest performance passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Because the Honda Odyssey is classified as a van and minivan, rates will be similar in price than the average rate where you live in Honolulu.
Employer reflects on premiums - Careers such as real estate brokers, architects and miners generally pay higher premium rates due to high stress levels and long work hours. Other professions such as scientists, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
Raise physical damage deductibles and save - Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Honda from damage. Examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, vandalism, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance loss data for Honda Odyssey vehicles - Insurance companies use statistical claims data to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the statistics show to have increased losses will cost more to insure. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Honda Odyssey vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Honda Odyssey Insurance Claim Statistics
|Specific Honda Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need advice from an agent
A lot of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent. Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Honolulu that can provide free Honolulu auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and locked in a price quote, you may have just found a company that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage. Just keep in mind you can cancel a policy any time you want so don't think that you are permanently stuck with the car insurance policy for the full term.
Will just any policy work for me?
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
While you're price shopping online, it's a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
Cheaper Honda Odyssey insurance in Honolulu is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Pearl City, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Hawaii Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Hawaii Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Halawa, HI? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)