There isn't a single person who anticipates paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that the price is too high.
Shockingly, the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Consumers in the United States could save themselves approximately 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to shop around. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive persitently shower you with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's a good idea to compare rates quite often because rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on Porsche 911 insurance in Honolulu two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we're going to show you one of the quickest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
How to get cheap Porsche 911 insurance in Honolulu, HI
Finding a lower price on insurance is not a difficult process. The only requirement is to invest a little time comparing free Honolulu auto insurance quotes from different insurance companies.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to insurance agents' offices. Comparing online rate quotes has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance of a licensed agent. However, consumers can compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Hawaii. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$310||$652||$264||$16||$80||$1,322||$110|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$554||$254||$16||$76||$1,162||$97|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$266||$516||$230||$14||$68||$1,094||$91|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$384||$652||$346||$20||$104||$1,506||$126|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$384||$652||$294||$18||$88||$1,436||$120|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$290||$700||$278||$16||$84||$1,368||$114|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$258||$592||$248||$14||$74||$1,186||$99|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$326||$700||$230||$14||$68||$1,338||$112|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$348||$802||$254||$16||$76||$1,496||$125|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$460||$852||$346||$20||$104||$1,782||$149|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$294||$624||$264||$16||$80||$1,278||$107|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$256||$526||$264||$16||$80||$1,142||$95|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$330||$776||$320||$18||$96||$1,540||$128|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$330||$832||$272||$16||$82||$1,532||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in Honolulu location which can alter insurance rates substantially.
Porsche 911 liability rates compared to full coverage
The illustration below examines Porsche 911 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut rule of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Porsche 911 replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Car insurance deductibles
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Porsche 911 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Porsche in Honolulu, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Porsche has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Porsche at a significantly higher premium and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Porsche but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance ads bend the truth
Hawaii drivers can't get away from ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all advertise claims about savings if you move to their company.
How is it possible that every company can lower your auto insurance rates? Here is how they do it.
Insurance companies have specific guidelines for the type of driver that will generate a profit. A good example of a driver they prefer may be married and over the age of 30, has a clear driving record, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A propective insured who matches that profile will probably get the lowest prices and will most likely save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who are not a match for these stringent criteria may receive a higher premium which leads to the customer buying from someone else. The trick is to say "people that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much when switching. That's the way insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why drivers must get as many free Honolulu auto insurance quotes as possible. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Take these six policy discounts and save on Porsche 911 insurance in Honolulu
Some companies do not list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Honolulu auto insurance online. If you're not getting every credit possible, you're paying more than you need to.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Honolulu Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Honolulu can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers that enable their auto insurance company to scrutinize driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance has savings for Switch & Save, good driver, homeowner, DriveSense, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new vehicle discount, safety features, newly married, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, and teen driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for teen driver, paperless, paid in full, safe driver, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, multi-vehicle, good student, membership and employees, anti-theft, and emergency military deployment.
It's a good idea to ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some discounts might not apply in Honolulu.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Professional agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Honolulu who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
If you want to use a local agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Honolulu may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to do anything. When comparison shopping, you need to include a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Honolulu that can give you price quotes.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does my Porsche 911 qualify for pleasure use?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your 911 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your 911 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 20/40/10 which means $20,000 bodily injury coverage, $40,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like emergency aid, legal defense fees, funeral expenses and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Hawaii requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, hitting a deer, hail damage and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as doctor visits, pain medications, chiropractic care and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Porsche 911.
Since many Hawaii drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (20/40/10 in Hawaii), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
While you're price shopping online, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just learned a lot of information how to lower your Porsche 911 insurance prices in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
A few companies do not provide online rate quotes and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Affordable Porsche 911 insurance in Honolulu is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Honolulu agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
More information can be read below:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Much is Hawaii Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Hawaii Auto Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Hilo, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)