Comparing and finding more affordable rates for Mazda 5 insurance in Honolulu is always kind of frustrating for beginners to comparison shopping online. There are so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily be more work than you anticipated to find the lowest price on Mazda 5 insurance.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Hawaii could save nearly 40% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't believe the rate savings if they just switched companies.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Honolulu is not rocket science. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques covered below. But Hawaii consumers benefit from understanding how insurance companies charge you for coverage because rates are impacted by many factors.
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes helps improve the odds of finding better pricing.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|5 Sport Station Wagon||$198||$348||$304||$18||$90||$958||$80|
|5 Touring Station Wagon||$200||$396||$272||$16||$82||$966||$81|
|5 Grand Touring Station Wagon||$176||$356||$254||$16||$76||$878||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise prices considerably.
Mazda 5 liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below illustrates the comparison of Mazda 5 premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no set rule to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Mazda 5 settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year to have full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Get cheaper Mazda 5 insurance rates in Honolulu
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but a few must be asked about before they will apply.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Have your child enroll in driver's education in school.
- Government Employees - Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Honolulu auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- Defensive Driver - Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for Good Grades - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- College Student - College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers may be able to get a slight reduction on a Honolulu auto insurance quote.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- SAFECO discounts include safe driver, homeowner, drive less, multi-car, and accident prevention training.
- American Family offers discounts for good driver, bundled insurance, good student, early bird, and air bags.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, emergency military deployment, military active duty, multi-vehicle, and seat belt use.
- The Hartford has discounts for anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, good student, and driver training.
Check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Mazda 5 insurance quotes in Hawaii, follow this link.
Insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Honolulu, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Hawaii but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your 5 has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda at a more expensive rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $800 each year so shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Should I rate my Mazda 5 as pleasure use or commute?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Honolulu auto insurance agent
Some consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Honolulu that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Honolulu?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
What type of Honolulu car insurance agent is right for you?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of different agency structures from which to choose. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
These type of agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to compare other company's rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu that can give you comparison quotes.
- Sean Huh - State Farm Insurance Agent
23 S Vineyard Blvd #205 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 528-0001 - View Map
- Gary Nakamura - State Farm Insurance Agent
1016 Kapahulu Ave #250 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 734-3265 - View Map
- Larry Welsch - State Farm Insurance Agent
1575 S Beretania St Ste 203 - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 944-3450 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, it's recommended you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with smaller companies which may have better rates.
Shown below are Honolulu independent agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 534-7300 - View Map
- Pyramid Insurance Center Ltd
420 Waiakamilo Rd - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 527-7667 - View Map
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 - Honolulu, HI 96818 - (808) 527-7777 - View Map
After getting good answers to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you've probably found an insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.