Want a free price quotes on more affordable Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Honolulu? Finding the lowest price Honolulu Hyundai Santa Fe insurance quotes might appear challenging for vehicle owners who are beginners to quoting and price shopping over the internet. With a ridiculous number of online companies, how are vehicle owners able to efficiently compare the different rates to find the lowest rates?
It's hard to believe, but the vast majority of Hawaii car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers can save up to $850 each year, but they don't believe the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
Consumers should take time to check car insurance prices before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the best deal on Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Honolulu a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about Santa Fe insurance on the web, but you can learn some guaranteed methods to slash your car insurance rates in Honolulu.
Comparing quotes for the best-priced policy in Honolulu is quite easy. In a nutshell, everyone who is looking for a better price on insurance will most likely buy a cheaper policy. Nevertheless, Hawaii drivers must understand the way insurance companies sell insurance online because rates are impacted by many factors.
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Hawaii. By far the easiest way to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to jump online and get quotes.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area helps improve the odds of finding better pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so you need to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Santa Fe GLS 2WD||$194||$474||$320||$18||$96||$1,102||$92|
|Santa Fe GLS 4WD||$198||$338||$270||$16||$80||$902||$75|
|Santa Fe SE 2WD||$190||$278||$346||$20||$104||$938||$78|
|Santa Fe Limited 2WD||$228||$484||$264||$16||$80||$1,072||$89|
|Santa Fe SE 4WD||$140||$314||$358||$22||$106||$940||$78|
|Santa Fe Limited 4WD||$184||$376||$320||$18||$96||$994||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Honolulu location which can decrease or increase prices significantly.
Raise deductibles and save
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Hyundai Santa Fe yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insuring your Hyundai vehicle just makes sense
Even though Honolulu Santa Fe insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance is required in Hawaii but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hyundai Santa Fe has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Hyundai for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Hyundai gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Six Tips to Get Cheaper Honolulu Insurance Rates
Many factors are used when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Save mileage and save money - Driving more miles annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. It's always a good idea to double check that your policy shows the correct usage. Incorrect rating for your Santa Fe can cost quite a bit.
Save money by raising deductibles - Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Hyundai. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Liability risk factors in - The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if ever you are found liable for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Gender matters - Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both genders are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
Insurance claims cost money - Car insurance companies in Hawaii generally give discounts to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Save money by having high credit - A driver's credit history is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit score can be improved, you could save money insuring your Hyundai Santa Fe by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Hyundai Santa Fe historical loss data - Companies factor in historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table below outlines the collected loss data for Hyundai Santa Fe vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Hyundai Santa Fe Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Santa Fe 4dr 2WD||91||94||82||86||92||91|
|Hyundai Santa Fe 4dr 4WD||109||115||97||96||84||94|
|Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr 2WD||88||90||93||90||89||93|
|Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr 4WD||95||91||110||90||96||84|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer lots of discounts on Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Honolulu
Companies don't list every possible discount very well, so the below list has both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online.
- Sign Online - Certain larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers that enable their company to scrutinize where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Safety Course Discount - Passing a course teaching driver safety skills could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Honolulu drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, renewal discount, good student, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, driver's education, passive restraint, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Allstate may have discounts that include senior citizen, farm vehicle, good payer, FullPay discount, teenSMART discount, good student, and premier plus.
- Nationwide may include discounts for Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, business or organization, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good student
When getting free Honolulu auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not apply everywhere.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Honolulu auto insurance agent
Some people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from small agencies is still important in Honolulu.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Honolulu who will give you bids to get your business. You won't even need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider shouldn't rely on just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If they are an independent agency in Honolulu, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Honolulu?
Upon receiving reasonable responses to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, it's a good possibility that you have found a company that meets your needs to service your policy. Just keep in mind policyholders can cancel a policy whenever you wish so don't assume that you are obligated to any particular company for a certain time period.
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are out there
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to find cheap Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Hyundai Santa Fe rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
More affordable auto insurance in Honolulu is possible from both online companies in addition to many Honolulu insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in these articles:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)