Purchasing the cheapest Honolulu Nissan Pathfinder insurance quotes on the web might appear overwhelming for drivers that are relatively new to price shopping on the internet. With so many agents and insurance companies available, how can anyone possibly compare every company in order to find the lowest price?
Shockingly, nearly 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in Hawaii could pocket roughly 40% a year, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Get cheaper rates with these eight discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there's a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Multi-car Discount - Drivers who insure all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Distant Student Discount - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Honolulu and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car model can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Club Memberships - Participating in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Theft Deterrent System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Honolulu car insurance quote.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, accident-free, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including online quote, safety device, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, emergency road assistance, and DriveSense.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-policy, preferred payment discount, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, safety features, and new vehicle discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for student away at school, paid in full, multiple vehicles, teen driver, safe vehicle, and company car.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
Check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer free Nissan Pathfinder insurance quotes in Hawaii, click this link.
How to compare free Honolulu Nissan Pathfinder insurance quotes
When comparing insurance rates, know that more quotes will enable you to find more affordable rates. Not every company does price estimates online, so you also need to get quotes from those companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Hawaii. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pathfinder S 2WD||$124||$224||$278||$16||$84||$726||$61|
|Pathfinder S 4WD||$198||$278||$270||$16||$80||$842||$70|
|Pathfinder SE 2WD||$184||$280||$358||$22||$106||$950||$79|
|Pathfinder SE 4WD||$142||$236||$300||$18||$90||$786||$66|
|Pathfinder LE 2WD||$182||$272||$270||$16||$80||$820||$68|
|Pathfinder LE 4WD||$182||$272||$270||$16||$80||$820||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify rates greatly.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can drive up Nissan Pathfinder insurance premiums for different age groups. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Gender-based car insurance rates by age in Honolulu
The illustration below shows the comparison of Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Nissan Pathfinder?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Many people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Honolulu who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
The following are Honolulu car insurance companies willing to provide price quotes for Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Honolulu.
- Suzette Rudolf Trehern - State Farm Insurance Agent
7192 Kalanianaole Hwy g210 - Honolulu, HI 96825 - (808) 395-3434 - View Map
- Atlas Insurance
1132 Bishop St #1600 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 533-8728 - View Map
- Dean Nomura - State Farm Insurance Agent
1215 Hunakai St #203 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 737-5662 - View Map
- Pyramid Insurance Center Ltd
420 Waiakamilo Rd - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 527-7667 - View Map
After receiving reasonable responses to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurer that can provide car insurance coverage. But remember, it's your coverage and you can cancel coverage whenever you want so never feel that you are obligated to a specific company with no way out.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan Pathfinder in Honolulu, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Nissan Pathfinder, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your Nissan Pathfinder but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Pathfinder are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Specific coverages for a Nissan Pathfinder
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 20/40/10 that means you have a limit of $20,000 per injured person, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical expenses, court costs, pain and suffering, legal defense fees and medical services. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. Hawaii state minimum liability requirements are 20/40/10 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for things like pain medications, funeral costs and nursing services. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Pathfinder caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Pathfinder in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Nissan Pathfinder.
Since many Hawaii drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Hawaii limits are 20/40/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as falling objects, a broken windshield, theft and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Affordable car insurance rates are available
As you quote Honolulu car insurance, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates in Honolulu. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund and even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company is actually quite simple.
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Nanakuli, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Makakilo, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much is Hawaii Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Wahiawa, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)