Do you need a better way to compare lower-priced Nissan Murano insurance in Honolulu? Nobody enjoys paying for car insurance, especially when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
It's amazing but a large majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in Honolulu can cut their rates by as much as $356 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't believe the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy. Vehicle owners have multiple insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Honolulu can initially seem challenging. If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, you can use these techniques to save money without having to cut coverage. Smart shoppers just have to know the proper methods to compare insurance rates online.
The quickest way to compare policy rates for Nissan Murano insurance in Honolulu is to know most of the bigger providers will pay a fee to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like which vehicles you own, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, how much education you have, and what your job is. Those rating factors is instantly sent to many different companies and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To check Nissan Murano insurance prices now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Honolulu.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Murano S 2WD||$108||$212||$300||$18||$90||$728||$61|
|Murano S AWD||$108||$212||$278||$16||$84||$698||$58|
|Murano SL 2WD||$122||$246||$344||$20||$104||$836||$70|
|Murano SL AWD||$130||$236||$254||$16||$76||$712||$59|
|Murano LE 2WD||$184||$376||$320||$18||$96||$994||$83|
|Murano LE AWD||$138||$250||$270||$16||$80||$754||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise prices considerably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Nissan Murano insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Nissan Murano insurance rates by age and gender
The information below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Murano auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance is not optional in Hawaii
Even though Honolulu Murano insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan has a lienholder, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Nissan but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Hawaii overpays as much as $800 each year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors used by companies to determine premiums.
Prices and occupation - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations such as judges, social workers and emergency personnel tend to pay higher average rates because of high stress and long work hours. Conversely, jobs like scientists, athletes and performers receive lower rates.
Poor credit decisions can cost you - A driver's credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Murano by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Protect yourself with liability - Liability insurance provides coverage if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Keep claims to a minimum - If you file claims often, you shouldn't be surprised to get either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Hawaii generally give discounts to drivers who are claim-free. Auto insurance is intended for larger claims.
Always keep your policy in place - Going without insurance can be a quick way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Hawaii DMV.
Raise coverage deductibles and save - Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The larger the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance loss data for a Nissan Murano - Companies analyze the history of losses when setting premium prices. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Nissan Murano vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Murano Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Murano 4dr 2WD||79||105|
|Nissan Murano 4dr 4WD||102||66||98||84|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Honolulu insurance discounts for a Nissan Murano
Some insurers do not list their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list both the well known and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Active Military Service - Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Murano insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving less may enable drivers to earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Government Employee Discount - Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your car insurance provider.
- Membership in Organizations - Affiliation with certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Student in College - College-age children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way. Any amount of discount will lower your policy cost.
For a list of insurance companies who offer online Nissan Murano insurance quotes in Hawaii, follow this link.
Don't assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Hawaii?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance quotes from local Honolulu insurance agencies
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Honolulu who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Honolulu?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
When finding a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it's a good idea to understand the differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Honolulu that can give you comparison quotes.
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance rates, you should always get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu that are able to give price quote information.
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses to any questions you have and affordable Nissan Murano insurance rates in Honolulu quotes, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide insurance coverage. Just be aware that it's your policy and you can terminate coverage any time you want so don't assume you are locked into any specific agency for a certain time period.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to shop for Nissan Murano insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper Nissan Murano insurance in Honolulu can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide online quoting and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located by following these links:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Ewa Beach, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Hawaii Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Wailuku, HI? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)