Finding cheaper insurance for a Nissan Juke in Hawaii can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online and we'll show you the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Nissan and get the best price possible either online or from Honolulu insurance agents.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. American consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rates online.
It's a good habit to do price comparisons at least once a year because insurance rates change regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Nissan Juke insurance in Honolulu on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Juke insurance online, but by reading this article, you're going to learn the easiest ways to find affordable car insurance in Honolulu.
Reduce your insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but a few must be asked about before being credited.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
- Own a Home - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a specific time period.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Honolulu, click here to view.
How to shop Nissan Juke insurance online
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Do I need special coverages?
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is other people's property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important especially in Honolulu.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your business. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are searching for local Honolulu agents, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Honolulu are considered either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Honolulu that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 626-5068 - View Map
- Pyramid Insurance Center Ltd
420 Waiakamilo Rd - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 527-7667 - View Map
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 - Honolulu, HI 96818 - (808) 527-7777 - View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu that can give you price quote information.
- Gwenette Higa - State Farm Insurance Agent
841 Bishop St #203 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 531-9918 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kirk Paterson
1259 S Beretania St Ste 1 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 593-8844 - View Map
- Wil Chang - State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 Kalanianaole Hwy #204 - Honolulu, HI 96825 - (808) 395-5433 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Honolulu should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Honolulu?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
One last note
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies can be less work than you think.
The cheapest Nissan Juke insurance in Honolulu can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don't offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
We just presented a lot of tips how to shop for Nissan Juke insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small local company.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)