I really doubt anyone rejoices having to buy auto insurance, especially when they are aware that they could get a better deal.
Statistics show that a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Drivers in Hawaii can save about $400 each year, but they don't know the big savings they would realize if they changed companies. Consumers have so many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to find a good deal for Mazda 2 insurance in Honolulu.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest premium rates on Mazda 2 insurance in Honolulu six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to find out the tricks you need to know to find better coverage on Mazda 2 insurance in Honolulu at a better price.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Honolulu can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you are already insured or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to lower your rates and still have adequate protection. Vehicle owners just have to understand the proper methods to find the lowest price using one simple form.
Best companies for Mazda 2 insurance
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Select auto insurance companies give a discount for signing up before your current 2 insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Telematics Data - People who choose to allow driving data collection to study where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a new 2 can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Memberships - Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- No Claims - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best auto insurance rates as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, good student, and renewal discount.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, driver's education, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for auto/life discount, teenSMART discount, 55 and retired, eSmart discount, utility vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide may include discounts for defensive driving, anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, business or organization, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, good student, accident-free, and claim-free.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply everywhere. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Hawaii, click here to view.
Six Things That Influence Your Insurance Costs
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Good drivers pay less - Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Attentive drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Having a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Being married can lower rates - Your spouse may cut your premiums on your auto insurance policy. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and it's statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Extra coverages push up costs - Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying auto insurance. Coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Lower premiums by staying claim free - Car insurance companies in Hawaii award discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect higher rates. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
High credit means lower premiums - Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Mazda 2 if you improve your credit rating.
Don't cancel your policy without a new one in place - Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time.
Car insurance is available from local agents
A small number of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Honolulu that can provide free Honolulu auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around because prices are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How many years have they been established?
- How often do they review coverages?
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you need to find a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it's worth learning the differences because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, it's recommended you compare quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Honolulu that are able to give price quotes.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Consumers in Hawaii can't ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads make an identical promise about how much you will save if you change your car insurance coverage to their company.
Is it even possible that every company can charge you a lower premium? You have to listen carefully.
Most companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. For example, this type of driver might have to be over the age of 50, has a clear driving record, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Anyone who fits that profile may get the lowest auto insurance rates in Honolulu and will save when switching.
Consumers who fall short of these standards will be charged higher rates which results in the customer buying from someone else. The ads say "drivers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save money. That's the way companies can advertise the savings. Because every company is different, drivers should compare price quotes frequently. It's just not possible to know which insurance companies will have the best premium rates for your profile.
Cheaper coverage is out there
You just read some good ideas how you can compare Mazda 2 insurance prices in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Honolulu auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
The cheapest Mazda 2 insurance in Honolulu is attainable online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Honolulu auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don't offer online quoting and many times these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies.
While you're price shopping online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Pearl City, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Ewa Gentry, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Wahiawa, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)