Did you make the mistake of buying overpriced Jaguar XJ insurance in Honolulu? Don't feel bad because there are many people just like you.
Astonishing but true, almost 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Honolulu drivers can save almost $356 each year, but they don't know the rate savings if they bought a different policy. Vehicle owners have many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it's nice to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest cost provider for Jaguar XJ insurance in Honolulu.
It's smart to do rate comparisons quite often because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Jaguar XJ insurance in Honolulu on your last policy you will most likely find a better premium rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about XJ insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn some great ideas on how to find cheap insurance in Honolulu.
Comparison shopping for the lowest cost insurance coverage in Honolulu is simple if you know the tricks. If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to cut your premiums without reducing coverage. Vehicle owners just need to use the most effective way to compare price quotes online.
Honolulu insurance discounts for a Jaguar XJ
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that you may not even know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Drivers Education - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Successfully completing a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- College Student - College-age children who live away from home at college and don't have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Online Discount - A few insurance companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on their website.
- Homeowners Savings - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
It's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To view car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Honolulu, click here.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is a fairly straight forward process. Drivers just need to take time to get quotes online with multiple companies.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to make phone calls or go to each insurance agency near you. The ability to get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you want the professional guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. However, consumers can get the lowest quotes online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Honolulu, HI. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$476||$346||$20||$104||$1,234||$103|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$290||$672||$300||$18||$90||$1,370||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can alter coverage rates significantly.
How high should deductibles be?
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Jaguar XJ premium costs for each different age category. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Jaguar XJ insurance rates by gender
The illustration below shows the comparison of Jaguar XJ car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Six factors that influence insurance premiums
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in cheaper rates.
Traffic violations are costly - Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
No policy lapses saves money - Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Hawaii motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
You may save more by bundling policies - Most companies allow a discount to insureds that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it's still a good idea to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Infrequent drivers can save - The more miles you rack up on your Jaguar annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your declarations sheet states the correct driver usage. Incorrect rating for your XJ is just wasting money.
Get cheaper premiums after the wedding - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price compared to being single. Marriage translates into being more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Policy add-ons may be wasting money - There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time when buying auto insurance. Coverages like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Jaguar XJ insurance loss data - Auto insurance companies study historical loss data to help determine rates. Models that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Jaguar XJ vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Jaguar XJ Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr 2WD||254|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr 4WD||169||236|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 2WD||210||88||149|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 4WD||238||198|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can't I compare rates from local Honolulu car insurance agents?
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent. Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Honolulu.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don't have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Types of car insurance agents
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in Honolulu can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you compare prices from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Featured below are Honolulu independent agencies that may be able to give free price quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Honolulu willing to provide price quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agency should include more criteria than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Insurance in Hawaii serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Jaguar XJ insurance, maintaining insurance is required in Hawaii but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Jaguar with a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Jaguar at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Jaguar and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Jaguar gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Hawaii is wasting up to $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Quote more to save more
We just showed you a lot of techniques to compare Jaguar XJ insurance rates in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Honolulu auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a small mutual company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Honolulu can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Honolulu auto insurance with both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Hawaii Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)