Do you need a better way to compare more affordable Porsche Cayenne insurance in Honolulu? Have you finally had enough of wondering where the money will come from to pay high insurance rates every month? You're in the same situation as the majority of other vehicle owners in Hawaii.
Amazingly, a large majority of drivers in Hawaii have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and almost half have never shopped around. American drivers can save $850 each year, but most just don't grasp how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Vehicle owners have many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it's nice to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company's rates before your next renewal since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest rates on Porsche Cayenne insurance in Honolulu on your last policy you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we're going to show you the proper way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Cheap Honolulu car insurance rates with discounts
Some companies do not list all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Mature Driver Discount - Mature drivers are able to get lower premium rates.
- Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO permit an accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Auto/Life Discount - Larger insurance companies have a lower price if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- ABS Braking Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Government Employee Discount - Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multiple policy, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family includes discounts for TimeAway discount, early bird, air bags, good driver, and accident-free.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good driver, education and occupation, multi-car, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, military active duty, driver training, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, anti-theft, age of vehicle, multi-car, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for alternative fuel, multi-car, teen driver, business and professional, distant student, and early shopping.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
When quoting, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your state. To find car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Hawaii, click here.
Most major insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive make it easy to get prices for coverage on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Porsche Cayenne insurance in Honolulu doesn't take much effort because you just enter your coverage preferences into the form. After the form is submitted, the system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to perform this step if you want to get affordable insurance pricing.
To use this form to compare rates, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you enter the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you are getting a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayenne S Transyberia||$296||$690||$278||$16||$84||$1,364||$114|
|Cayenne GTS PD Edition 3||$236||$516||$278||$16||$84||$1,130||$94|
|Cayenne Turbo S||$264||$532||$254||$16||$76||$1,142||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can impact coverage rates greatly.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Porsche Cayenne car insurance rates with and without full coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no set rule of when to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Porsche Cayenne replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
When to contact an insurance agent
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, just visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How long has their agency been in business in Honolulu?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
Below is a short list of car insurance companies in Honolulu that are able to give price quotes for Porsche Cayenne insurance in Honolulu.
Herb Fujikawa - State Farm Insurance Agent
3538 Waialae Ave #205 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 732-1076 - View Map
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
You just read a lot of ways to shop for Porsche Cayenne insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Ewa Gentry, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)