Locating better insurance prices for a Nissan GT-R in Hawaii can be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Nissan and obtain the best price possible.
Unbelievable but true, about 70% of customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Most drivers in America could save 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Consumers need to compare premium rates as often as possible because auto insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best deal on Nissan GT-R insurance in Honolulu at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. You can search a lot of GT-R insurance out there, but in this article, you're going to get some of the best techniques to find affordable auto insurance in Honolulu.
Most larger insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get pricing on the web. Getting online rates for Nissan GT-R insurance in Honolulu can be done by anyone because you just enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on the data you entered.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it's also necessary to do this in order to find the most affordable possible premiums on car insurance.
In order to get comparison pricing now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you type in the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you will have rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Hawaii. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GT-R Premium AWD 2-Dr||$290||$734||$254||$16||$76||$1,370||$114|
|GT-R AWD 2-Dr||$288||$706||$212||$12||$64||$1,282||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase rates considerably.
Nissan GT-R insurance rates by gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Nissan GT-R yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The example below illustrates the comparison of Nissan GT-R insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive guideline that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Nissan GT-R claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Hawaii but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Nissan, almost every bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan for a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your GT-R more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Honolulu is overpaying over $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Smaller companies may have the best rates
Hawaii consumers can't avoid all the ads for cheaper insurance from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies have a common claim that you can save if you switch to their company.
Is it even possible that every company can give you a lower rate on Nissan GT-R insurance in Honolulu? Here is how they do it.
Insurance companies have specific criteria for the right customer that will most likely be profitable. One example of this type of driver might be a married female, has a low-risk occupation, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Anybody who matches those parameters will probably get the lowest prices and will most likely save if they switch.
Drivers who do not fit the ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher premium rates which results in the customer buying from someone else. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that kind of money. That is how companies can lure you into getting a quote. Because of these techniques, you really should get a wide range of price quotes. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Seat Belts Save - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Save over 55 - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Honolulu car insurance quote.
- Driver's Education for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers take driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Switch and Save Discount - Select larger companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Save with a New Car - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Claim Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Memberships - Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with some car insurance companies.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Some companies give a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To view car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Hawaii, follow this link.
Local Honolulu insurance agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is you may find cheaper rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Honolulu, get answers to these questions.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is there a local claims center in Honolulu?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is important to understand how they differ because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm: Darin Ono
1649 Liliha St - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 834-2222 - View Map
- Ryan Miyashita - State Farm Insurance Agent
1580 Makaloa St #102 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 945-0802 - View Map
- Kelly Harada - State Farm Insurance Agent
1221 Kapiolani Blvd #1015 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 593-9288 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get several quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are independent agents in Honolulu willing to provide price quotes.
- Atlas Insurance
1132 Bishop St #1600 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 533-8728 - View Map
- Royal State National Insurance Company
819 S Beretania St - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 539-1600 - View Map
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 591-5545 - View Map
Once you have received good answers and the cheapest Nissan GT-R insurance in Honolulu quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles. But remember, you are entitled to cancel your policy for any reason so don't assume you're contractually obligated to a specific agent for any length of time.
Affordable coverage is out there
The cheapest Nissan GT-R insurance in Honolulu is possible online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional learning opportunities
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Kaneohe, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Hawaii Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)