Finding more affordable rates for Mazda 6 insurance in Honolulu may be very difficult for drivers who are new to quoting coverage prices online. With more and more online companies available, it can be a difficult mission to find the perfect company for you.
It's shocking but a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in the U.S. can cut their rates by as much as $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the rate savings if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It's a great practice to check insurance prices at least once a year because prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Mazda 6 insurance in Honolulu at your last renewal you will most likely find a better rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the tricks you need to know to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
When shopping for Mazda 6 insurance in Honolulu there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Hawaii. The easiest way to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to use the internet to compare rates.
Keep in mind that quoting more will enable you to find the best price.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Honolulu, HI. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get prices from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$320||$320||$18||$96||$916||$76|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$404||$270||$16||$80||$990||$83|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$218||$464||$344||$20||$104||$1,150||$96|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$266||$358||$22||$106||$910||$76|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$424||$300||$18||$90||$1,054||$88|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$130||$236||$272||$16||$82||$736||$61|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$230||$406||$264||$16||$80||$996||$83|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$412||$254||$16||$76||$958||$80|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$294||$320||$18||$96||$868||$72|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$446||$272||$16||$82||$1,050||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates considerably.
Drive safe and save
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can impact Mazda 6 insurance prices for each different age category. The information is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mazda 6 in Honolulu, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your 6 with a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Costs
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower rates. Many different elements are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- You might pay higher rates if you are single - Your spouse can actually save you money on car insurance. Having a spouse means you're more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- The higher your credit score the lower your prices - Having a bad credit rating can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with bad credit. So if your credit score could use some work, you could save money insuring your Mazda 6 if you clean up your credit.
- Do females or males drive better? - Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Men and women are responsible for fender benders at about the same rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- How's your driving record? - How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don't get tickets have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Getting just one driving citation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten flagrant citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Insurance loss data for a Mazda 6 - Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when setting rates for each model. Models that the data determines to have higher loss trends will have higher rates.
The table below shows the loss history for Mazda 6 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Mazda 6 Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 6 99 92 112 94 98 94
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but some must be asked for before being credited. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Honolulu car insurance quote as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Resident Student - College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few companies allow discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current 6 insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower price if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
Don't be surprised that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way. But any discount should definitely cut the cost of your policy.
If you would like to view insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Honolulu, click this link.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
A small number of people still like to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agencies is especially important in Honolulu.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Honolulu who will give you quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Honolulu can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Honolulu that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- Island Insurance Hawaii
1022 Bethel St - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 643-4000 - View Map
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 626-5068 - View Map
- Insurance Associates, Inc.
800 Bethel St # 200 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 538-6938 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well schooled on their company's products which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Honolulu who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Erick Ellgren
1806 S King St Ste 32 - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 941-2886 - View Map
- Herb Fujikawa - State Farm Insurance Agent
3538 Waialae Ave #205 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 732-1076 - View Map
- Larry Bolibol - State Farm Insurance Agent
2153 N King St #108a - Honolulu, HI 96819 - (808) 847-0835 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Honolulu should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How long has their agency been open in Honolulu?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Honolulu?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can adequately provide auto insurance.
Shop around and save
Lower-priced auto insurance in Honolulu is attainable online and with local Honolulu insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide price quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund and even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Ewa Beach, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)