If you're new to shopping for Honolulu car insurance quotes online, there's a good chance you are bewildered due to the large selection local agents and online companies offering coverage in Honolulu.
It's astonishing, but a large majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Honolulu drivers could save roughly $356 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons before your next renewal since insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Honda CR-V insurance in Honolulu a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to find out the fastest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area helps locate more affordable insurance. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so you should also compare rates from them, too.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$106||$202||$292||$18||$88||$706||$59|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$172||$278||$230||$14||$68||$762||$64|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$138||$236||$212||$12||$64||$662||$55|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$196||$332||$254||$16||$76||$874||$73|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$196||$348||$254||$16||$76||$890||$74|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$190||$228||$294||$18||$88||$818||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect prices significantly.
Honda CR-V annual premiums for males versus females
The information below shows the difference between Honda CR-V premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Three good reasons to insure your CR-V
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Honolulu, buying insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Honda CR-V, almost every bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Honda. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $855 a year so it's important to compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Big name companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the ads state the claim about savings if you move your policy. How is it possible that every company can give you a lower rate on Honda CR-V insurance in Honolulu? This is the trick they use.
All the different companies have underwriting criteria for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. An example of a preferred risk should be over the age of 35, is a homeowner, and has a short commute. Anybody who fits those characteristics will get a cheap rate quote in Honolulu and have a good chance to cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who are not a match for these stringent criteria will get a more expensive rate which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The wording the ads use say "drivers who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" can save as much as they claim. This is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
Each company has different criteria, so it's extremely important to compare free Honolulu car insurance quotes often. Because you cannot predict the company that will provide the lowest Honda CR-V insurance in Honolulu.
Cheaper Honolulu car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Honolulu car insurance but check with your company.
- Paperwork-free - Many larger companies give back up to $50 shop Honolulu car insurance on your computer.
- Honolulu Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a home in Honolulu can earn you a little savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Data Collection Discounts - People who choose to allow data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Memberships - Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Esurance offers discounts including homeowner, multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, emergency road assistance, Switch & Save, and online quote.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including bundle, anti-theft, air bag, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, federal employee, seat belt use, multi-policy, and driver training.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, student away at school, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
If you are trying to find cheaper Honolulu car insurance quotes, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Honolulu. For a list of companies with the best discounts in Hawaii, click here.
Local Honolulu insurance agencies
Many drivers would rather buy from a local agent and that is OK! A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important especially in Honolulu.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Honolulu that can give you free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You'll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in Honolulu should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How long has their agency been in business in Honolulu?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Upon receiving positive responses to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an insurance company that meets your needs to provide auto insurance coverage. But keep in mind you can always terminate coverage any time you want so don't feel that you are obligated to the auto insurance policy for the entire policy term.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We covered many ways to get a better price on Honda CR-V insurance in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Honda CR-V insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Hawaii Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Hawaii Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)