Are you looking for more competitive insurance rates in Honolulu, HI? Honolulu consumers have a choice when looking for low-cost Dodge Ram insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to compare prices or use the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to find insurance online so you're going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for a Dodge and find the cheapest rates from Honolulu insurance agents and online providers.
Cheap car insurance in Honolulu, HI
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$98||$148||$282||$16||$84||$628||$52|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$256||$424||$404||$24||$120||$1,228||$102|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$138||$212||$306||$18||$92||$766||$64|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$250||$404||$306||$18||$92||$1,070||$89|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$252||$474||$362||$22||$108||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$142||$216||$300||$18||$90||$766||$64|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$264||$344||$392||$24||$118||$1,142||$95|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$256||$424||$404||$24||$120||$1,228||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$222||$390||$388||$24||$116||$1,140||$95|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$136||$250||$338||$20||$102||$846||$71|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$124||$218||$288||$16||$86||$732||$61|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$280||$558||$362||$22||$108||$1,330||$111|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$202||$320||$306||$18||$92||$938||$78|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$258||$406||$300||$18||$90||$1,072||$89|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$222||$418||$338||$20||$102||$1,100||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$246||$458||$388||$24||$116||$1,232||$103|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$286||$500||$404||$24||$120||$1,334||$111|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$278||$476||$306||$18||$92||$1,170||$98|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$232||$464||$404||$24||$120||$1,244||$104|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$180||$370||$338||$20||$102||$1,010||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease coverage prices substantially.
Dodge Ram insurance costs by gender and age in Honolulu
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
An analysis of deductible level
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Dodge Ram insurance prices for each different age category. The prices are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Lower-cost Dodge Ram insurance quotes in Honolulu
Insurance can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should successfully complete driver's ed class in high school.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Putting insurance coverage on a new Ram is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring several vehicles with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Dodge Ram insurance in Honolulu.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for 55 and retired, safe driver, youthful driver, good student, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include safety features, new move discount, good student, newly married, and teen driver discount.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for safe vehicle, safe driver, anti-theft, multiple vehicles, student away at school, air bags, and paid in full.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, military active duty, and driver training.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, homeowner, and anti-lock brakes.
Check with each company the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply to policies in your area. To find insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Honolulu, click here to view.
Lower Your Honolulu Insurance Rates
Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Better drivers pay the best premiums - Having a clean driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers with clean records get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one chargeable violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Reduce premiums by driving cars with good safety ratings - Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If your Dodge Ram scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Save money by having multiple policies - Most insurance companies will award discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, it's always a smart idea to compare Dodge Ram rates in Honolulu to make sure you are getting the best deal. It's possible to still save even more than the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Gals pay lower rates - Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Men and women get in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Dodge. Some examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, or theft. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you're willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Eliminate extra coverages - There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you don't pay attention. Things like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if they're wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- What are good deductibles for a Dodge Ram?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
You may need help from an insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Honolulu who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Hawaii?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Honolulu?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Best car insurance agent in Honolulu
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they function. Agencies in Honolulu can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can provide car insurance policies, but it's good to learn how they are different since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are Honolulu exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Rory Lee
575 Cooke St d - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 596-8333 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Valerie Nagaji
4211 Waialae Ave #8080 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 735-2841 - View Map
- Sue Ann Lu - State Farm Insurance Agent
210 Ward Ave #116 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 587-6116 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are Honolulu independent agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Royal State National Insurance Company
819 S Beretania St - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 539-1600 - View Map
- Atlas Insurance
1132 Bishop St #1600 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 533-8728 - View Map
- Anita Butay Diniega
1088 Bishop St #2210 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 841-5915 - View Map
Insurance ads are enticing
Hawaii drivers can't get away from all the ads that claim the best car insurance rates by State Farm and Allstate. All the companies have a common claim about how much you will save after switching your insurance coverage to their company.
How is it plausible that every one can save you money on Dodge Ram insurance in Honolulu?
Insurance providers offer their best rates for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. For instance, a profitable risk profile should be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no tickets, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Anyone who meets those qualifications gets the lowest premium rates and is almost guaranteed to save money with a new company.
Potential customers who cannot meet these criteria may be required to pay higher prices which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads say "customers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save money. This is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. This really drives home the point why drivers must compare rate quotes every year. It's impossible to know which insurance companies will have the best prices for your profile.
One last thing to lower rates
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to shop for Dodge Ram insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Budget-friendly insurance in Honolulu can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, so you need to shop Honolulu car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Hawaii Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Hawaii Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)