Want to know how to find the cheapest Cadillac SRX insurance in Honolulu? Buying lower-cost Honolulu Cadillac SRX insurance quotes on the internet may be impossible for people who are new to online price comparisons. With dozens of online companies available, how are we expected to have a chance to compare every one to find the cheapest available price?
A recent car insurance study discovered that over 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in the U.S. could save nearly $850 every year, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Quoting and comparing rates for affordable auto insurance in Honolulu is not that difficult. Just about everyone who shops around for auto insurance will be able to lower their premiums. But Hawaii car owners must understand how companies determine premium rates because it varies considerably.
Most major insurance companies allow you to get price estimates online. Comparing prices online for Cadillac SRX insurance in Honolulu is fairly simple because it's just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want on the page. Behind the scenes, the system requests your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on these and other factors.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to do this if you are searching for the cheapest car insurance rates.
If you want to compare pricing, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you copy deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SRX Luxury 2WD||$130||$270||$272||$16||$82||$770||$64|
|SRX Luxury AWD||$130||$270||$272||$16||$82||$770||$64|
|SRX Performance 2WD||$198||$388||$248||$14||$74||$922||$77|
|SRX Performance AWD||$252||$538||$320||$18||$96||$1,224||$102|
|SRX Premium 2WD||$238||$378||$346||$20||$104||$1,086||$91|
|SRX Premium AWD||$280||$642||$320||$18||$96||$1,356||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can change coverage prices substantially.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The example below shows the difference between Cadillac SRX insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Higher deductibles save money
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Cadillac SRX insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Impact of careless driving on car insurance rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can raise Cadillac SRX insurance premiums for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Cadillac SRX in Honolulu, maintaining insurance is required in Hawaii but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Cadillac, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Cadillac at a more expensive rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Cadillac as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to save money.
How Your SRX Insurance Costs are Determined
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
Do you know you're credit score? - Credit history can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Cadillac SRX by repairing your credit. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit.
Traffic violations are costly - Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Just one chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Good drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers with careless citations like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to continue driving.
Prices are affected by your address - Having an address in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when buying insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas tend to have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Male prices may be higher - The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Males and females tend to get into fender benders in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
Don't skimp on liability protection - The liability coverage on your policy kicks in when you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Lower premiums with alarm systems - Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Loss statistics for a Cadillac SRX - Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that historically have higher losses will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Cadillac SRX vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Cadillac SRX Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac SRX 4dr 2WD||103||101||84||80||82||91|
|Cadillac SRX 4dr 4WD||109||106||103||78||75||83|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Cadillac SRX insurance in Honolulu
Some companies don't always publicize all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Multiple Cars - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies with one company you may save up to 20% and get you cheaper SRX insurance.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Auto/Life Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current SRX insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Smart Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Mature Driver Discount - Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- College Student - Older children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way. But all discounts will cut your insurance premiums.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- AAA may offer discounts for education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good driver, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good driver, online shopper, multi-car, and claim free.
- Nationwide offers discounts for business or organization, family plan, anti-theft, good student, and easy pay.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your area.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Cadillac SRX?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Honolulu auto insurance agent
Some people still like to have an agent's advice and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And providing support for local agents is important especially in Honolulu.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Honolulu that can give you free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your business. You don't have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Honolulu?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Frequent quotes can save
As you shop your coverage around, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests or even delays in paying claims. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Cadillac SRX insurance in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Cadillac SRX rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
More learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Nanakuli, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)