How many times have you told yourself to find more competitive Hyundai Genesis insurance in Honolulu? Finding cheaper insurance for a new or used Hyundai Genesis in Hawaii could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and we'll show you the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Hyundai and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Honolulu insurance agents.
Remarkably, a study showed that 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. American drivers could cut their rates by nearly $860 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It's a great practice to do price comparisons at least once a year due to the fact that insurance prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Hyundai Genesis insurance in Honolulu at your last renewal a different company probably has better premium rates today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to learn the best way to find great coverage at a great price.
Discount Honolulu auto insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Participating in a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Honolulu Homeowners Pay Less - Just being a homeowner can save you money since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying coverage for multiple cars on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Paper-free Discount - A handful of companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
- Memberships - Joining a civic or occupational organization in Honolulu could trigger savings on your policy.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a slight reduction on a Honolulu car insurance quote.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- GEICO has discounts for good student, membership and employees, seat belt use, driver training, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- USAA offers discounts for multi-vehicle, family discount, good student, driver training, and vehicle storage.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
- American Family discounts include Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, accident-free, good driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good student, DriveSense, safety device, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for electronic funds transfer, homeowner, distant student, good student, and mature driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, multiple autos, passive restraint, multiple policy, accident-free, anti-theft, and student away at school.
Check with every company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Honolulu.
How to compare Honolulu Hyundai Genesis insurance price quotes
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Honolulu, HI. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Genesis 2.0T 2-Dr Coupe||$198||$458||$374||$22||$112||$1,164||$97|
|Genesis 3.8 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$376||$272||$16||$82||$950||$79|
|Genesis 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$136||$288||$348||$20||$104||$896||$75|
|Genesis 3.8 2-Dr Coupe||$164||$320||$318||$18||$96||$916||$76|
|Genesis 2.0T Track 2-Dr Coupe||$164||$320||$318||$18||$96||$916||$76|
|Genesis 3.8 Grand Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$224||$474||$318||$18||$96||$1,130||$94|
|Genesis 4.6 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$244||$212||$12||$64||$654||$55|
|Genesis 3.8 Track 2-Dr Coupe||$294||$528||$434||$26||$130||$1,412||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific Honolulu garaging location which can raise or lower premiums considerably.
Hyundai Genesis full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Genesis insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set guideline that is best for determining when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Hyundai Genesis replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Can't I compare prices from local Honolulu auto insurance agents?
A lot of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from small agencies is especially important in Honolulu.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to your email. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Honolulu can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it's worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to compare prices from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu who can help you get price quote information.
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 626-5068 - View Map
- Island Insurance Hawaii
1022 Bethel St - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 643-4000 - View Map
- Anita Butay Diniega
1088 Bishop St #2210 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 841-5915 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Honolulu that can give you comparison quotes.
- Kelly Harada - State Farm Insurance Agent
1221 Kapiolani Blvd #1015 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 593-9288 - View Map
- Sean Huh - State Farm Insurance Agent
23 S Vineyard Blvd #205 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 528-0001 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kirk Paterson
1259 S Beretania St Ste 1 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 593-8844 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
After talking to the agent and getting good responses to your questions as well as a price you're happy with, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide car insurance. Just be aware that it's your policy and you can cancel your coverage whenever you wish so never feel that you are obligated to any specific company for a certain time period.
Specific coverages for a Hyundai Genesis
Understanding the coverages of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability auto insurance - This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 20/40/10 which stand for a limit of $20,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as funeral expenses, medical services, medical expenses, court costs and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford. Hawaii requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Insurance for medical payments - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses for pain medications, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices, funeral costs and ambulance fees. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like theft, hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The most you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance - This provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Hyundai Genesis.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (20/40/10 in Hawaii), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverages - This coverage covers damage to your Genesis from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Genesis in order to get cheaper collision rates.
How much can you save?
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can shop for Hyundai Genesis insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Discount Hyundai Genesis insurance in Honolulu can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not have price quotes online and these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Kapolei, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Hawaii Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Homeowners in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)