Do you want to save money by buying the cheapest Hyundai Elantra insurance in Honolulu? Wish you could get out of an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of people in the same boat.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in Hawaii being $960, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don't understand how simple it is to go online and compare rates.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest cost out there.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company's rates as often as possible since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best price on Hyundai Elantra insurance in Honolulu last year you can probably find a lower rate today. You'll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Elantra insurance out there, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some solid techniques on how to lower your auto insurance bill.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Many things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious like where you live or your commute time.
The following are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Type of car, truck or SUV determines base premiums - The performance of the car or truck you are insuring makes a huge difference in your rates. The most favorable rates will generally be found on lower cost passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors. Because the Hyundai Elantra falls in the passenger car class, insurance will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Honolulu.
- Male prices may be higher - Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn't prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Get cheaper premiums if you're married - Getting married may cut your premiums on car insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- File a insurance claims and pay more - Car insurance companies in Hawaii give discounts to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Insurance loss data for a Hyundai Elantra - Companies use past insurance losses when they file their rates in each state. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher premium rate.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Hyundai Elantra vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Hyundai Elantra Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Elantra 102 102 90 133 137 117 Hyundai Elantra GT 95 91 95 112 114 107
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
There are several ways to compare prices from many available insurance companies in Hawaii. The easiest way by far to compare insurance prices is to get quotes online.
It's so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to all the different Honolulu insurance agencies. Comparing Hyundai Elantra insurance rate quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you require the professional advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible price shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency. When comparison shopping, quoting more provides better odds of finding a lower rate. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so it's recommended that you also compare rates from them, too.
The following companies offer price quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$198||$348||$304||$18||$90||$958||$80|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$500||$358||$22||$106||$1,184||$99|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$406||$264||$16||$80||$970||$81|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$484||$264||$16||$80||$1,072||$89|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$176||$356||$254||$16||$76||$878||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in garaging location in Honolulu which can alter price quotes greatly.
Impact of careless driving on car insurance rates
The information below shows how violations and accident claims can influence Hyundai Elantra auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
An analysis of deductible level
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can change Hyundai Elantra premium costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
The ad said I'd save $487 a year!
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the ads say the same thing about saving some big amount if you change to them. How does every car insurance company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Here is how they do it.
Insurance providers have a certain "appetite" for the type of driver that earns them the most money. For instance, a driver they prefer could be a married male, carries high limits, and has excellent credit. Anyone that fits those parameters will get low auto insurance rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who fall outside the ideal profile will be quoted higher rates and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is "people that switch" not "everyone who quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can claim big savings.
Because of this risk profiling, you really should do a quote comparison often. You cannot predict which company will be your best fit.
Buying the right Hyundai vehicle insurance in Hawaii is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in Hawaii but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Hyundai at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $750 every year so shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
You may qualify for discounts for Hyundai Elantra insurance in Honolulu
Some providers don't always advertise every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online. If you don't get every credit you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a home in Honolulu can save you money since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give lower car insurance rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Having multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your premiums.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, accident-free, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, military active duty, good student, daytime running lights, defensive driver, membership and employees, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, new move discount, and safety features.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, air bag, and bundle.
- MetLife has savings for multi-policy, good student, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find cheaper Honolulu auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Honolulu. To see insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Honolulu, click here.
Auto insurance agents are professional risk managers
Certain consumers still like to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Honolulu.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Honolulu who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Honolulu should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is there a local claims center in Honolulu?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Hawaii?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
Smart consumers save more
Cheaper Hyundai Elantra insurance in Honolulu is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Honolulu auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to shop for Hyundai Elantra insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at these sites:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Royal Kunia, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Hawaii Car Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)