Trying to come up with a payment for pricey insurance can dwindle your personal savings and make it tough to pay other bills. Performing a rate comparison can help to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Regrettably, about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in the U.S. could save as much as 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to have a choice, more options can take longer to find the best rates for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Honolulu.
You should take the time to price shop coverage once or twice a year since prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best price on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Honolulu on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate today. There are a lot of ways to save on Wrangler insurance out there, but by reading this article, you're going to learn the best ways to lower your insurance premiums.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance company rates for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Honolulu is to realize most of the larger companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as what your job is, whether or not you need a SR-22, if the car is leased, and how much school you completed. That rating data is sent automatically to insurance carriers in your area and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly.
To compare cheaper Jeep Wrangler insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$174||$256||$320||$18||$96||$864||$72|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$100||$128||$340||$20||$102||$690||$58|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$124||$224||$278||$16||$84||$726||$61|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$176||$228||$374||$22||$112||$912||$76|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$108||$184||$300||$18||$90||$700||$58|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$108||$144||$374||$22||$112||$760||$63|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$130||$152||$318||$18||$96||$714||$60|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$196||$332||$278||$16||$84||$906||$76|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$176||$280||$312||$18||$94||$880||$73|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$200||$288||$318||$18||$96||$920||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter coverage rates significantly.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions drive up Jeep Wrangler annual premium costs for each age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The example below illustrates the difference between Jeep Wrangler annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Some companies don't always publicize all discounts very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Policyholders that allow driving data submission to spy on driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Driver Safety - Passing a course teaching driver safety skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles on your Jeep could be rewarded with discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Honolulu car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Good Student - A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Honolulu car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your premiums.
Some companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in Honolulu. To locate car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Honolulu, follow this link.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Jeep Wrangler insurance, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Wrangler has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jeep at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your Jeep and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation could use an agent's help.
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Hawaii?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Jeep Wrangler is totaled?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Some consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Honolulu who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
If you want to use a local agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they work. Agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive agents in Honolulu willing to provide price quote information.
Herb Fujikawa - State Farm Insurance Agent
3538 Waialae Ave #205 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 732-1076 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to contact multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that can give you comparison quotes.