Want to learn how to buy more affordable Ford Fiesta insurance in Honolulu? Feeling guilty for buying an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, many Honolulu drivers feel the same as you.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that a large majority of drivers in Hawaii kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. American drivers could save as much as 46.5% a year, but they don't understand how simple it is to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes. Numerous insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company to discover the definitive lowest rate on Ford Fiesta insurance in Honolulu.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates on a regular basis since insurance rates change regularly. Just because you had the best rate on Ford Fiesta insurance in Honolulu a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Fiesta insurance online, but you can learn some of the best ways to find cheap auto insurance in Honolulu.
If you have insurance now or just want to save money, use these tips to get lower rates without reducing protection. Locating the best rates in Honolulu is not rocket science. Smart shoppers just need to know the most effective way to shop instantly.
Earn discounts on Honolulu insurance
Insurance is expensive, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but some must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Smart Student Discounts - Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure multiple cars on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Online Discount - Some of the larger companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- College Student - Older children who live away from home to go to college and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total Fiesta insurance premium.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Low Mileage - Low annual miles can earn slightly better insurance rates than normal.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
To see companies who offer discounts in Honolulu, click here.
Getting a cheaper price on Ford Fiesta insurance is pretty simple and can save money. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Ford Fiesta rate quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to different Honolulu agent offices. Comparing Ford Fiesta insurance rates online has made agencies unnecessary unless your situation requires the guidance only provided by licensed Honolulu agents. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop your coverage online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
How Insurers Determine Ford Fiesta Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
Too many insurance claims drive up prices - If you frequently file small claims, you should expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Hawaii award most affordable rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Adjust comp and collision deductibles and save - Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount you're willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Insurance rates and age - Young drivers in Hawaii are known to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Obey driving laws and save - Drivers with clean records receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Having a single citation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers with careless citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Insurance losses for a Ford Fiesta - Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help determine costs. Models that tend to have higher loss trends will cost more to insure. The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Ford Fiesta vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate frequent claims or larger claims.
Ford Fiesta Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone's needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What does medical payments cover?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Honolulu auto insurance agent
Some consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Honolulu who will return price quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Honolulu insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can handle auto insurance, but it's good to learn how they are different since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Honolulu who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When shopping rates, it's a good idea to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are Honolulu independent agents that are able to give price quote information.
Why you need quality insurance for your Ford vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Fiesta in Honolulu, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford Fiesta has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Honolulu is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
You can lower your insurance rates
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to save on Ford Fiesta insurance in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Honolulu auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Honolulu auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, high prices or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More tips and info about insurance is available by following these links:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Nanakuli, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Safe Drivers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)