How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for the cheapest Buick Regal insurance in Honolulu? Paying cheap rates for Buick Regal insurance in Honolulu could be hard for drivers who are new to comparing prices online. People have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily be a real difficult job to find cheaper rates on Buick Regal insurance.
Statistics show that the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many consumers in Honolulu could save themselves 40% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they feel it's too difficult to shop their coverage around.
It's smart to compare rates at least once a year because prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Buick Regal insurance in Honolulu a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to learn one of the best ways to find great coverage at a great price.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. Buying cheaper auto insurance coverage in Honolulu is simple if you know the tricks. But Hawaii car owners do need to understand how insurance companies determine what you pay and use it to your advantage.
How to compare Buick Regal insurance quotes in Honolulu, Hawaii
When shopping for Buick Regal insurance in Honolulu there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from many different Hawaii insurance companies. The fastest way to find the lowest Buick Regal rates consists of shopping online. Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance. Some regional insurers cannot provide Honolulu Regal insurance quotes online, so you should also compare prices from them, too.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Get cheaper Buick Regal insurance in Honolulu with discounts
Some insurers don't necessarily list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the more common as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles can earn discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Good Students Pay Less - Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Homeowners Savings - Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because it shows financial diligence.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, military active duty, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and five-year accident-free.
- Travelers offers discounts for payment discounts, continuous insurance, new car, multi-car, home ownership, student away at school, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including 55 and retired, safe driver, driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly married, newly retired, multi-car, multi-policy, new graduate, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family may offer discounts for early bird, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, good driver, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
If you want the cheapest Buick Regal rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Honolulu. To see companies with significant discounts in Hawaii, click here.
Get Cheap Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but some are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. When buying car insurance it's important to understand the rating factors that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower rates.
Better car insurance rates on vehicles with better crash test results - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your Buick Regal is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
Where you call home is a factor - Living in a small town is a good thing when talking about car insurance. People who live in big cities have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident.
Your age impacts your rates - More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.Drivers with little experience are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Your career may increase premiums - Careers like military generals, business owners and miners are shown to have higher average rates because of high stress and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Reserve policy claims for larger damages - Companies in Hawaii award lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
Buick Regal insurance loss statistics - Companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that statistically have increased losses will be charged more to insure.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Buick Regal vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Buick Regal Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Regal 2WD||96||92||82||104||94||97|
|Buick Regal 4WD||113||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You won't need to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
After you get good feedback for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, you've probably found an insurer that is reliable enough to provide insurance coverage. Just understand that consumers can terminate your policy at any time so never assume you are locked into any specific agency for a certain time period.
Quote more to save more
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company is not as hard as you think.
You just learned many tips how you can compare Buick Regal insurance premium rates in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company.
When you buy Honolulu auto insurance online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Waianae, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Hawaii Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)