Are you tired of trying to find more affordable Acura MDX insurance in Honolulu? Buying auto insurance online may seem complicated initially since most people haven't used online price quotes. But keep reading because it's actually quite easy to find cheaper Acura MDX in Honolulu.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. American drivers can save approximately $850 each year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
It's important to get comparison quotes periodically because auto insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest rate on Acura MDX insurance in Honolulu six months ago you will most likely find a better price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're about to learn how to quote online to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Quoting affordable car insurance policy in Honolulu is actually quite simple. Essentially every driver who is looking for cheaper car insurance stands a good chance to find a better price. Although Hawaii car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Get discounts to get affordable Honolulu insurance rates
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Student Driver Training - Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Honolulu auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active duty in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance carriers have a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Multi-car Discount - Having multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you're over the age of 55, you may qualify for reduced rates.
- Distant Student - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Honolulu without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less as opposed to bad drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
It's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, federal employee, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- USAA includes discounts for multi-vehicle, annual mileage, family discount, new vehicle, vehicle storage, safe driver, and driver training.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- American Family has savings for mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, early bird, accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including DriveSense, online shopper, paid-in-full, good driver, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for youthful driver, business and professional, switch companies, good student, mature driver, multi-car, and early shopping.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, driver's education, accident-free, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see a list of insurers who offer online Acura MDX insurance quotes in Honolulu, click here.
Just remember that comparing more prices provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Hawaii. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$286||$500||$358||$22||$106||$1,272||$106|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$210||$328||$264||$16||$80||$898||$75|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$200||$346||$254||$16||$76||$892||$74|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$198||$338||$248||$14||$74||$872||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in zip code location which can affect auto insurance rates considerably.
Gender-based car insurance rates in Honolulu
The example below shows the comparison of Acura MDX insurance prices for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The chart below shows the difference between Acura MDX car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data is based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Acura MDX book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Car insurance can be complex
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your car insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions might point out if you could use an agent's help.
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Honolulu.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to contact an agency because prices are sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Honolulu agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to get several quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Honolulu that may be able to give free auto insurance quotes.
- Insurance Associates, Inc.
800 Bethel St # 200 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 538-6938 - View Map
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 534-7300 - View Map
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 626-5068 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low price.
The following are exclusive agents in Honolulu willing to provide price quotes.
- Suzette Rudolf Trehern - State Farm Insurance Agent
7192 Kalanianaole Hwy g210 - Honolulu, HI 96825 - (808) 395-3434 - View Map
- Sue Ann Lu - State Farm Insurance Agent
210 Ward Ave #116 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 587-6116 - View Map
- Ryan Miyashita - State Farm Insurance Agent
1580 Makaloa St #102 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 945-0802 - View Map
Choosing an insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Any good agent in Honolulu should know the answers to these questions.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How are claims handled?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How are they compensated?
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Lower-priced insurance in Honolulu is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and usually these regional carriers work with independent agents.
While you're price shopping online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We've covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Acura MDX insurance in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Honolulu auto insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Acura MDX rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)