Would you like to stop wasting money and find more competitive GMC Canyon insurance in Honolulu? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a GMC Canyon in Hawaii can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to buy insurance and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for your GMC and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and Honolulu agents.
It's a good habit to do rate comparisons as often as possible since rates change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on GMC Canyon insurance in Honolulu two years ago you can probably find a better price now. You can search a lot of Canyon insurance on the internet, but in this article, you're going to get some proven techniques to lower your insurance rates in Honolulu.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but a few need to be inquired about before they will apply. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Sign Online - Many insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing on your computer.
- Honolulu Homeowners Discount - Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less could be rewarded with lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Onboard Data Collection - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to monitor their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Life Insurance Discount - Some companies give better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your policy premiums.
To see a list of car insurance companies who offer free GMC Canyon insurance quotes in Honolulu, click here to view.
The best way to compare car insurance rates for GMC Canyon insurance in Honolulu is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information like the ages of drivers, what your job is, which vehicles you own, and level of coverage desired. Your insurance information is sent automatically to many different companies and you will receive price estimates immediately.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$140||$224||$270||$16||$80||$730||$61|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 2WD||$94||$212||$300||$18||$90||$714||$60|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 2WD||$194||$474||$320||$18||$96||$1,102||$92|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$154||$356||$300||$18||$90||$918||$77|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$140||$220||$358||$22||$106||$846||$71|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 2WD||$260||$412||$346||$20||$104||$1,142||$95|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 2WD||$142||$272||$278||$16||$84||$792||$66|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 4WD||$204||$284||$264||$16||$80||$848||$71|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$198||$398||$270||$16||$80||$962||$80|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4WD||$162||$272||$270||$16||$80||$800||$67|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$146||$236||$254||$16||$76||$728||$61|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4WD||$138||$212||$270||$16||$80||$716||$60|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$200||$350||$254||$16||$76||$896||$75|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 4WD||$210||$318||$272||$16||$82||$898||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can influence insurance rates greatly.
Raise deductibles and save
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can affect GMC Canyon insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders increase GMC Canyon insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of car insurance rates by age and gender
The illustration below shows the difference between GMC Canyon annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Smart Buyers Can Save Money
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in lower insurance prices.
Save money with GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Your employer can affect rates - Occupations like military personnel, business owners and financial analysts generally have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, students and performers get better rates.
Driver age impacts premiums - Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
High comp and collision deductibles reduce costs - Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your GMC. Some instances where coverage would apply would be running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Your deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your insurance will be.
Always have insurance - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to bump up your insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
Keep insurance claims to a minimum - Car insurance companies in Hawaii generally give discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Don't skimp on liability protection - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection if you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Single drivers take more risk - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your insurance policy. It generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
GMC Canyon claim statistics - Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Models that statistically have increased losses will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for GMC Canyon vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
GMC Canyon Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|GMC Canyon Crew Cab 2WD||54||88|
|GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4WD||44||71|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to a policy, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone's situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
When to contact an insurance agent
Many people just want to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Honolulu who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents that you can select. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it's important to point out how they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Honolulu exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Kelly Harada - State Farm Insurance Agent
1221 Kapiolani Blvd #1015 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 593-9288 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Erick Ellgren
1806 S King St Ste 32 - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 941-2886 - View Map
- Larry Welsch - State Farm Insurance Agent
1575 S Beretania St Ste 203 - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 944-3450 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to contact independent agents to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Honolulu that can give you price quote information.
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 - Honolulu, HI 96818 - (808) 527-7777 - View Map
- Royal State National Insurance Company
819 S Beretania St - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 539-1600 - View Map
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 534-7300 - View Map
After getting good answers to your questions as well as a price you're happy with, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide insurance. Just understand that it's your policy and you can cancel your policy any time you want so never assume that you're stuck with a policy with no way to switch.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost, auto insurance is mandatory in Hawaii but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your GMC Canyon has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your GMC at a significantly higher premium and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Compare auto insurance prices regularly to save
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When you buy Honolulu auto insurance online, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped full coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to reduce GMC Canyon insurance prices online in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable GMC Canyon insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best prices are with an unexpected company.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Schofield Barracks, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Makakilo, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Hawaii Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Kahului, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)