Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for low-cost Ford Escape insurance in Honolulu? Have you had enough of scraping the payment together to pay high insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as many other Hawaii consumers.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Drivers in Hawaii could save almost 40% each year, but they don't believe how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Consumers have many insurance companies to choose from, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to get the best deal for Ford Escape insurance in Honolulu.
Finding and buying the lowest cost protection in Honolulu is quite easy. In essence, anyone who requires lower cost insurance will probably buy a cheaper policy. Although Hawaii consumers must understand how companies determine how much to charge because rates are impacted by many factors.
Most major insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO give prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Ford Escape insurance in Honolulu is pretty easy as you simply type in your personal and coverage information into the form. When complete, the system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price determined by many factors. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find cheap prices.
To save time and compare pricing, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended that you enter the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will be getting comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Hawaii. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$138||$240||$216||$12||$64||$670||$56|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$170||$348||$254||$16||$76||$864||$72|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$84||$148||$212||$12||$64||$520||$43|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$204||$284||$226||$14||$68||$796||$66|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$108||$184||$254||$16||$76||$638||$53|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$108||$212||$236||$14||$70||$640||$53|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence rates substantially.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Escape annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage or liability only
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford Escape insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There isn't a written rule for excluding full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Ford Escape replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing in excess of $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford, almost every bank will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $830 a year so it's recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheaper Ford Escape insurance rates in Honolulu
Companies don't always publicize the entire discount list very clearly, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get substantially lower prices.
- Multiple Cars - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Own a Home and Save - Just being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for student driver, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and teen driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver's education, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, education and occupation, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, safety features, new vehicle discount, newly married, and preferred payment discount.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Honolulu. For a list of providers with significant discounts in Hawaii, click here.
How to know if you need help
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is especially important in Honolulu.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Honolulu that can provide free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Independent or Exclusive: It's your choice
When searching for local Honolulu agents, you should know the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Honolulu may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following are Honolulu independent insurance agents that may be able to provide price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Honolulu exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Picking an insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What companies can they write with?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Detailed coverages of your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverages - This coverage pays for damage to your Escape from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Escape to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance - This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like fire damage, hitting a bird, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills such as dental work, rehabilitation expenses and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance - Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other's property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 20/40/10 which means a $20,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, loss of income, bail bonds and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Hawaii state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) - This provides protection when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Escape.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (20/40/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
When trying to cut insurance costs, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented many ideas to reduce Ford Escape insurance car insurance rates online in Honolulu. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Honolulu car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies can be pretty painless.
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Hawaii Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Hawaii Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Good Students in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)