How long have you put off shopping around for lower-priced Lexus ES 350 insurance in Honolulu? Finding more affordable Lexus ES 350 insurance in Honolulu might be nearly impossible for people who have little experience online rate comparisons. There are so many companies to choose from that it can be a chore to compare prices in Hawaii on Lexus ES 350 insurance.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Honolulu could save about 40% a year just by comparing rates, but they don't want to spend time to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Our objective in writing this article is to teach you a little about how car insurance companies work and some money-saving tips. But Hawaii drivers need to learn the methods companies use to market on the web and use it to your advantage.
All the larger car insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get insurance quotes online. Comparing Lexus ES 350 insurance rates online is fairly straightforward because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences into a form. Behind the scenes, the system obtains credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on these and other factors.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step in order to get cheaper prices.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you complete the form with your coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will be getting a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can modify premiums noticeably.
Reckless driving habits raise Honolulu car insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents can affect Lexus ES 350 insurance premiums for each age group. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Honolulu
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lexus ES 350 insurance premiums with full coverage compared to only the Hawaii minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set rule for phasing out full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Lexus ES 350 settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Hawaii
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus ES 350 in Honolulu, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower rate quotes on Lexus ES 350 insurance in Honolulu with these ten auto insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- No Accidents - Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive permit an accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Multi-line Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Theft Deterrent - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Honolulu car insurance quote.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it's just not the way it works.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, anti-theft, multiple policy, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, defensive driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, early bird, TimeAway discount, and good driver.
- AAA may include discounts for good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good driver, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, air bags, federal employee, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for ease of repair, good driver, annual mileage, anti-theft, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for homeowner, distant student, good student, multi-car, business and professional, youthful driver, and switch companies.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
When getting free Honolulu car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Honolulu. For a list of auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Hawaii, click here to view.
Buying auto insurance from Honolulu auto insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How many years have they been established?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How many companies do they write for?
Two different types of car insurance agents
When searching for a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
These type of agents write business for a single company like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. They receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low price.
Listed below are Honolulu exclusive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ricky N. Bonilla
2024 N King St #101b - Honolulu, HI 96819 - (808) 842-5844 - View Map
- Herb Fujikawa - State Farm Insurance Agent
3538 Waialae Ave #205 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 732-1076 - View Map
- Scott Saito - State Farm Insurance Agent
1150 S King St #901d - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 946-8464 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it's recommended you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Honolulu who can help you get price quotes.
- Pyramid Insurance Center Ltd
420 Waiakamilo Rd - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 527-7667 - View Map
- Cavanah Associates, Inc.
1100 Alakea St #2600 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 537-1970 - View Map
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 534-7300 - View Map
Car insurance coverages for a Lexus ES 350
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments and PIP coverage - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses such as nursing services, prosthetic devices and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage - Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (20/40/10 in Hawaii), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive auto coverage - Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, fire damage and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage - This pays for damage to your ES 350 from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your ES 350 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability - Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn't cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 20/40/10 which stand for $20,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, medical services, attorney fees, funeral expenses and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Hawaii requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Quote more and you will save more
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Honolulu can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Honolulu agents, so you need to quote Honolulu car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
When getting Honolulu car insurance quotes online, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Additional auto insurance information is located below:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Waipahu, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Hawaii Auto Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)