I doubt anyone fancies paying their premiums for car insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find better prices if they shop around.
Sadly, 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. American insurance shoppers could save roughly 47% a year, but they don't invest the time required to do a rate comparison. Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the best coverage at the best rate on Land Rover LR4 insurance in Honolulu.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates periodically because prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Land Rover LR4 insurance in Honolulu a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we're going to show you the only way to find lower rates on car insurance.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Hawaii. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR4 HSE Plus||$222||$450||$254||$16||$76||$1,018||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence insurance rates considerably.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Land Rover LR4 insurance premiums for each age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Protect more than your LR4
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required in Hawaii but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Land Rover, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Land Rover at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Hawaii overpays more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Smart Consumers Can Save Money
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Performance impacts prices - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Land Rover LR4 is a standard SUV, insurance will be slightly more as compared to the average rate in Honolulu. Low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Younger driver insurance rates - Teen drivers in Hawaii are statistically shown to get distracted easily in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Adding a teen driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.
Urban residents pay more - Residing in areas with lower population has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
Stay claim-free and lower premiums - Insurance companies in Hawaii give the best rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Do you know you're credit history? - A driver's credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Land Rover LR4 if you improve your credit rating.
Male prices may be higher - Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn't prove that females are better at driving than males. Females and males get in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. They also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
Do you need those add-on coverages? - There are a ton of add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren't diligent. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Land Rover LR4 insurance claim data - Companies use data from past claims when determining insurance costs. Vehicles that are shown to have higher loss trends will cost more to insure. The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Land Rover LR4 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Land Rover LR4 Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Land Rover LR4 4dr 4WD||87||105||134||47|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save a ton with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't necessarily list all possible discounts very well, so below is a list both the well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you do not double check each discount possible, you're paying more than you need to.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Professional Memberships - Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you combine your auto and home policies with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current LR4 insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Honolulu car insurance quotes online.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
Some of the larger companies who may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you want affordable Land Rover LR4 insurance quotes, ask each company to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not apply in Honolulu. If you would like to view auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Hawaii, click this link.
Do I need an agent?
A lot of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Honolulu.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Honolulu car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reputable agency, there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you should always get several quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Shown below are Honolulu independent insurance agents that may be able to give you rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Honolulu exclusive insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Suzette Rudolf Trehern - State Farm Insurance Agent
7192 Kalanianaole Hwy g210 - Honolulu, HI 96825 - (808) 395-3434 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Hawaii?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Compare rates regularly to save
Cheaper Land Rover LR4 insurance in Honolulu is attainable online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Ewa Beach, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Waipahu, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Hilo, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)