How many years has it been since you compared more competitive Mazda CX-9 insurance in Honolulu? No sane person is fond of buying car insurance, especially when they know the cost is way too high.
A recent study showed that almost 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Honolulu consumers could save about 40% each year, but they don't believe the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
With people having so many companies to choose from that have lower-cost insurance for a Mazda CX-9 in Honolulu, it's difficult to find the lowest price car insurance provider.
It's smart to do rate comparisons occasionally because prices change frequently. Even if you got the best quotes on Mazda CX-9 insurance in Honolulu a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the best way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Honolulu is much easier if you have a good place to start. In essence, every vehicle owner who is required to buy auto insurance should get better rates. But Hawaii car owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to compete online.
Affordable companies for Mazda CX-9 insurance in Hawaii
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-9 Sport 2WD||$146||$236||$254||$16||$76||$728||$61|
|CX-9 Grand Touring 2WD||$122||$250||$278||$16||$84||$750||$63|
|CX-9 Sport AWD||$162||$320||$278||$16||$84||$860||$72|
|CX-9 Touring 2WD||$122||$264||$300||$18||$90||$794||$66|
|CX-9 Touring AWD||$226||$468||$320||$18||$96||$1,128||$94|
|CX-9 Grand Touring AWD||$234||$374||$272||$16||$82||$978||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can affect prices significantly.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Mazda CX-9 insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance premiums by gender
The information below visualizes the comparison of Mazda CX-9 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Mazda CX-9 Insurance
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that aid in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce prices - Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Why do you need liability? - Your auto insurance policy's liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Long commutes cost more - The more miles you rack up on your Mazda annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. An incorrectly rated CX-9 may be wasting your money. It's a good idea to make sure your auto insurance coverage shows the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Save by driving safer cars - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Mazda CX-9 earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
Poor driving habits leads to higher rates - Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten dangerous violations such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to file a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Teenagers vs. older drivers - Youthful drivers in Hawaii tend to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
Lower performance equals lower insurance premiums - The type of car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Because the Mazda CX-9 is a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in Honolulu.
Job stress can make you pay more - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations such as military generals, airline pilots, and medical professionals tend to have higher premium rates due to intense work situations and lengthy work days. Other occupations such as scientists, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Mazda CX-9 insurance claim data - Companies use historical loss data when setting premium rates. Models that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Mazda CX-9 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Mazda CX-9 Models
|Specific Mazda Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda CX-9 4dr 2WD||87||108||74||87||95||89|
|Mazda CX-9 4dr 4WD||89||109||92||80||76||77|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Some companies do not list every policy discount very well, so we break down a few of the more well known and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow driving data collection to track when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Honolulu auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Accident Waiver - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Accident Free - Honolulu drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky. But all discounts should help lower your premiums.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-policy, safe driver, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new move discount, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, safety features, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, anti-theft, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for paperless, mature driver, safe vehicle, company car, student away at school, and paid in full.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, daytime running lights, good student, seat belt use, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safe driver, homeowner, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent the best way to save money. A few discounts might not apply in every state. To locate companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Honolulu, follow this link.
Local Honolulu insurance agencies
Many people prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Honolulu who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You'll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How long has their agency been in business in Honolulu?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Listed below are Honolulu auto insurance companies who can help you get price quotes for Mazda CX-9 insurance in Honolulu.
Upon getting acceptable answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurer that is reliable enough to adequately provide auto insurance. Just keep in mind you are entitled to cancel coverage whenever you want so never feel you're contractually obligated to any specific agency indefinitely.
Can you really save $473 a year?
Well-known insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run ads on TV and radio. All the ads advertise claims about how much you will save after switching your insurance coverage to their company. How is it possible that every company can sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Many companies offer their best rates for the right customer that will add to their bottom line. An example of a driver they prefer might be described as between 30 and 50, has few claims, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured who matches that profile will probably get the lowest prices and is almost guaranteed to save some money.
Insureds who do not meet this stringent profile may be required to pay a more expensive rate with the end result being the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "people who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" will save that much if they switch. That's the way insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. That is why you absolutely need to compare quotes as often as possible. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Mazda CX-9 insurance in Honolulu.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing your policy, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Honolulu?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Will my Mazda CX-9 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
Affordable Mazda CX-9 insurance in Honolulu is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Mazda CX-9 insurance premium rates online in Honolulu. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret they didn't have enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Impreza in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Hilo, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)