When shopping for more affordable insurance, are you baffled by the sheer number of car insurance companies in your area? You have so many companies available that it can easily become more work than you anticipated to find lower rates on Ford Edge insurance. Honolulu is the perfect city to reside in, but finding the money to pay for car insurance makes it difficult to pay other bills every month.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Hawaii insurance shoppers could save $360 a year just by shopping around, but they just don't want to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you're already insured, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using these methods. Comparing rates for the lowest-priced car insurance policy in Honolulu is not as time-consuming as you think. Although Hawaii drivers do need to understand the way companies sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes for Ford Edge insurance in Honolulu is to know most insurance companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information including if a SR-22 is needed, how much you drive, types of safety features, and coverage limits. That rating data gets sent immediately to multiple companies and they return cost estimate immediately.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Edge SE 2WD||$180||$312||$272||$16||$82||$862||$72|
|Edge SE AWD||$178||$344||$264||$16||$80||$882||$74|
|Edge SEL 2WD||$112||$230||$248||$14||$74||$678||$57|
|Edge Limited 2WD||$154||$338||$300||$18||$90||$900||$75|
|Edge SEL AWD||$106||$246||$344||$20||$104||$820||$68|
|Edge Limited AWD||$142||$338||$300||$18||$90||$888||$74|
|Edge Sport 2WD||$200||$468||$320||$18||$96||$1,102||$92|
|Edge Sport AWD||$122||$250||$270||$16||$80||$738||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise premium rates noticeably.
Cost of full coverage in Honolulu
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Ford Edge auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set guideline of when to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Ford Edge replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing you more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents can raise Ford Edge premium costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
These discounts can cut Ford Edge insurance rates
Car insurance companies do not list all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online.
- Good Student - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Ford could earn lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Edge insurance in Honolulu.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, passive restraint, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance offers discounts for homeowner, DriveSense, good student, claim free, renters, paid-in-full, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide has savings for business or organization, family plan, defensive driving, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, and good student.
Double check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Honolulu. To choose companies that offer the discounts shown above in Honolulu, click here to view.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Honolulu, car insurance is mandatory in Hawaii but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will require that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Some people still like to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Honolulu that can provide free Honolulu auto insurance quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are they full-time agents?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How many companies do they write for?
Listed below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Honolulu that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Ford Edge insurance in Honolulu.
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 534-7300 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bradley Maruyama
800 S Beretania St Ste 260 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 591-8016 - View Map
- Marilyn Jacobe - State Farm Insurance Agent
1125 N King St #303 - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 254-7028 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dan Y.W. Au Hoy
931 University Ave Ste 108 - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 944-1854 - View Map
Upon getting good responses and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an provider that is reliable enough to properly service your insurance policy. But remember, you can cancel your coverage at any point so never assume that you are permanently stuck with the insurance policy for a certain time period.