I doubt anyone gets a kick out of paying for auto insurance, in particular when it costs too dang much.
Astonishing but true, 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Hawaii insurance shoppers can cut their rates by up to $356 a year by just shopping around, but they don't want to take the time to find affordable insurance by shopping around. Online insurance companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate all promote huge savings with advertising and it can be hard to avoid their marketing magic and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should take the time to shop coverage around at least once a year since prices change quite often. Even if you got the best rates on BMW 325i insurance in Honolulu on your last policy you will most likely find a better premium rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about 325i insurance online, but I'm going to show you some great ways to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Honolulu.
If you already have coverage or want to find a cheaper company, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best rates in Honolulu is not rocket science. Vehicle owners just have to use the tricks to get comparison rates online.
Compare Honolulu BMW 325i insurance quotes
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Honolulu, car insurance is mandatory in Hawaii but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your 325i, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your BMW at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Honolulu overpays as much as $700 annually so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Informed Drivers Can Lower Their Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower auto insurance prices. Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
High credit score translates to low prices - Your credit score is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your BMW 325i by improving your credit score. People that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with worse credit.
Discounts for married drivers - Having a spouse can actually save you money compared to being single. It usually means you are more mature and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Liability coverage limits are a factor - Liability insurance provides coverage in the event that you are responsible for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Costs go up with performance - The performance level of the vehicle you need to insure makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest rates tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Due to the fact that the BMW 325i falls in the luxury sports car class, rates will be up to twice as much when compared to the average rates in Honolulu.
Prices may be higher where you live - Living in small towns and rural areas has it's advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims Drivers who live in large Hawaii cities have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
Affordable Honolulu auto insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be significant discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Auto/Life Discount - Larger auto insurance companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Own a Home - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Telematics Devices - People who choose to allow data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles could earn lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Honolulu auto insurance quote compared to accident-prone drivers.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky. But all discounts will positively reduce your policy premium.
To view companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Hawaii, click here.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Is my BMW 325i covered for smoke damage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
You may want advice from an agent
Many drivers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get better rates but also keep your business local. And buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Honolulu.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to companies in Honolulu who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are searching for a reputable agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they work. Honolulu agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both provide car insurance policies, but it's worth learning the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Honolulu who may be able to give you pricing information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are trained well in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu willing to provide price quotes.
Choosing an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Any agent in Honolulu should be willing to answer these questions.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How long have they been in business?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
After getting positive responses to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, it's possible that you found an insurance agency that is reputable and can provide car insurance coverage. Just understand that you are entitled to cancel coverage any time you want so never feel you are locked into a specific agent for the full policy term.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
We just presented a lot of information how to reduce BMW 325i insurance auto insurance rates online in Honolulu. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Honolulu auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Royal Kunia, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)