Are you looking for a better way to compare more affordable auto insurance rates in Honolulu, HI? Honolulu consumers have lots of choices when looking for low-cost Acura ZDX insurance. You can either spend your time calling around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to shop for auto insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to get price quotes for a new or used Acura and locate the lowest possible price from Honolulu insurance agents and online providers.
It's a great practice to compare premium rates periodically because auto insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best price on Acura ZDX insurance in Honolulu a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in how to use online quotes to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Our goal in writing this article let you in on how to get online quotes and also save some money in the process If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the ideas presented in this article. Smart buyers just have to know the proper methods to shop online.
All the larger insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive give coverage price quotes on the web. Comparing prices online for Acura ZDX insurance in Honolulu is possible for anyone because you just enter your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, their quoting system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote.
Quoting online for Acura ZDX insurance in Honolulu streamlines rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to do this if you want to get the most affordable insurance rates.
To quickly find out how much you're overpaying now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you complete the form with your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you will receive comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$170||$288||$270||$16||$80||$824||$69|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$198||$418||$278||$16||$84||$994||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can alter price quotes considerably.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Acura ZDX insurance prices for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Gender-based car insurance rates
The illustration below shows the difference between Acura ZDX insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura ZDX insurance, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Acura at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Hawaii overpays more than $825 a year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Car insurance companies do not list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable Acura ZDX insurance rates in Honolulu.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low annual miles could qualify for substantially lower prices.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies don't profit that way.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, alternative fuel, homeowner, pay in full, distant student, good student, and switch companies.
- Esurance has savings for claim free, defensive driver, paid-in-full, online quote, good driver, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple autos, accident-free, driver's education, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate has discounts for safe driver, multi-policy, premier discount, farm vehicle, senior citizen, and FullPay discount.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Honolulu. To find insurers with the best discounts in Honolulu, follow this link.
Local Honolulu auto insurance agents
Many people would rather buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Honolulu.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Honolulu who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You won't need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- How are they compensated?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is there a local claims center in Honolulu?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Every insured's situation is different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Who is covered when they drive my Acura ZDX?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Does my Acura ZDX need full coverage?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Acura ZDX?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Should I rate my Acura ZDX as pleasure use or commute?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of car insurance helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverages - Collision coverage covers damage to your ZDX from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your ZDX to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for things like pain medications, funeral costs and chiropractic care. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (20/40/10 in Hawaii), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hail damage, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Liability - Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 20/40/10 which stand for a $20,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Hawaii state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Persistent drivers can save
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices or policy cancellation. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When getting Honolulu auto insurance quotes online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We've covered a lot of ways to lower your Acura ZDX insurance rates in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Hawaii Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Hawaii Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)