High-priced auto insurance in Honolulu can draw down your savings account and make it hard to pay other bills.
Unbelievable but true according to a study almost 70% of insureds in Hawaii have been with the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. American consumers could cut their rates by roughly 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won't spend time to compare rates. Many car insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive lowest rate on Chrysler 300 insurance in Honolulu.
If you have a policy now or just want cheaper rates, use these techniques to find better prices without having to cut coverage. Locating the best insurance company for you in Honolulu can be made easier if you know where to look. Shoppers just need to learn the quickest way to compare rate quotes on the web.
Companies offering Chrysler 300 insurance in Honolulu
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Honolulu, HI. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|300 Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$130||$236||$272||$16||$82||$736||$61|
|300 Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$328||$264||$16||$80||$876||$73|
|300 Touring AWD 4-Dr||$198||$398||$300||$18||$90||$1,004||$84|
|300 S V6 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$256||$346||$20||$104||$888||$74|
|300 Touring Signature 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$412||$254||$16||$76||$958||$80|
|300 Touring Executive 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$250||$300||$18||$90||$780||$65|
|300 Touring Signature AWD 4-Dr||$190||$346||$272||$16||$82||$906||$76|
|300 Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$642||$320||$18||$96||$1,356||$113|
|300 C 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$294||$346||$20||$104||$946||$79|
|300 S V8 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$378||$264||$16||$80||$948||$79|
|300 Limited AWD 4-Dr||$246||$546||$278||$16||$84||$1,170||$98|
|300 C AWD 4-Dr||$210||$378||$264||$16||$80||$948||$79|
|300 SRT-8 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$546||$300||$18||$90||$1,200||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can change price quotes considerably.
Do you need full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chrysler 300 insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut formula for eliminating full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chrysler 300 book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Companies offer many discounts on Chrysler 300 insurance in Honolulu
Companies that sell car insurance don't list every discount very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Chrysler can earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Government Employees - Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Honolulu auto insurance but check with your company.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate permit an accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on 300 insurance in Honolulu.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Honolulu auto insurance quote.
Don't be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
To choose insurers who offer cheap Chrysler 300 insurance quotes in Honolulu in Honolulu, click this link.
It's not one size fits all
When selecting the best car insurance coverage, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's needs are different.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Honolulu?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Hawaii?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Getting quotes from local Honolulu insurance agencies
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent. Good agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Honolulu.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Honolulu that give free quotes for your coverage. You don't have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Honolulu for you
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can do a good job, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to do anything. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you contact independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following are Honolulu independent insurance agents that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu that are able to give rate quotes.
Deciding on an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Hawaii?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Misconceptions in auto insurance advertisements
Consumers can't escape the ads that claim the cheapest premium rates from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all seem to make the promise that drivers can save some big amount if you switch to them.
How can each company save you money on Chrysler 300 insurance in Honolulu? This is how they do it.
Most companies give the cheapest rates for the driver that earns them a profit. One example of this type of driver might be a mature driver, is a homeowner, and has great credit. Any customer that matches those criteria will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and will also save quite a bit of money when switching.
Insureds who don't meet these standards will probably be forced to pay higher prices and the customer not buying. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "customers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how insurance companies can make those statements.
This really illustrates why drivers should do a quote comparison often. It is impossible to guess which auto insurance company will have better car insurance rates than you're paying now.
You can lower your insurance rates
Lower-priced Chrysler 300 insurance in Honolulu is definitely available on the web in addition to many Honolulu insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
When searching for inexpensive Honolulu auto insurance quotes, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We've covered a lot of techniques to save on Chrysler 300 insurance in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Hawaii Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Waimalu, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)