Are you doing reasearch to find the cheapest Chevy Silverado insurance in Honolulu? Using the web to shop for Honolulu auto insurance quotes online might sound like a lofty goal if you haven't ever used online auto insurance quotes. Don't be bewildered because there is an easy way to compare rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Honolulu.
A study showed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Honolulu drivers could save about $360 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don't understand how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
It's a great practice to compare premium rates as often as possible because prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Chevy Silverado insurance in Honolulu on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I'm going to teach you the tricks you need to know to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Most larger insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive give prices for coverage on the web. Comparing prices online for Chevy Silverado insurance in Honolulu is possible for anyone because it's just a matter of typing in the coverages you want into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system will obtain your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on many factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to do this if you want to get a lower rate.
In order to find out what other companies charge, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Honolulu, HI. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$122||$220||$404||$24||$120||$890||$74|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$108||$204||$320||$18||$96||$746||$62|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$218||$464||$388||$24||$116||$1,210||$101|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$228||$412||$300||$18||$90||$1,048||$87|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$144||$216||$346||$20||$104||$830||$69|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$228||$412||$264||$16||$80||$1,000||$83|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$160||$314||$388||$24||$116||$1,002||$84|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$198||$338||$306||$18||$92||$952||$79|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$198||$398||$300||$18||$90||$1,004||$84|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$210||$374||$308||$18||$92||$1,002||$84|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$198||$398||$300||$18||$90||$1,004||$84|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$158||$314||$404||$24||$120||$1,020||$85|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$198||$418||$338||$20||$102||$1,076||$90|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$178||$338||$248||$14||$74||$852||$71|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$170||$302||$308||$18||$92||$890||$74|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$180||$346||$254||$16||$76||$872||$73|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$142||$294||$264||$16||$80||$796||$66|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$158||$294||$264||$16||$80||$812||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter premium rates substantially.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The information below shows the difference between Chevrolet Silverado insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Honolulu insurance discounts for a Chevy Silverado
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Membership in Organizations - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Chevrolet Silverado insurance in Honolulu.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small discount on rates.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn't quite work that way.
To see a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in Honolulu, follow this link.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Silverado with a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Silverado are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Hawaii overpays more than $865 each year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What if I want to buy from local Honolulu insurance agencies?
A small number of people prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Honolulu who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Honolulu?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Honolulu?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
When looking for a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Honolulu are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Many people use the same agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Honolulu exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Larry Bolibol - State Farm Insurance Agent
2153 N King St #108a - Honolulu, HI 96819 - (808) 847-0835 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Valerie Nagaji
4211 Waialae Ave #8080 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 735-2841 - View Map
- U'ilani Hawelu - State Farm Insurance Agent
1960 Kapiolani Blvd Ste 208 - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 955-9090 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, you will want to check rates from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are independent agents in Honolulu that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 626-5068 - View Map
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 591-5545 - View Map
- Island Insurance Hawaii
1022 Bethel St - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 643-4000 - View Map