How many times have you told yourself to find more competitive Honda Pilot insurance in Honolulu? Are you kicking yourself for buying high-priced Honda Pilot insurance in Honolulu? Trust us, there are lots of Honolulu residents who feel the same.
Statistics show that about 70% of customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many drivers in Honolulu can save 40% each year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes. Many insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it's not easy to compare every insurer to discover the definitive lowest cost out there.
It's a good idea to check auto insurance prices before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance prices change frequently. If you had the best price on Honda Pilot insurance in Honolulu on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of wrong information about Pilot insurance online but I'm going to show you some of the best techniques to lower your auto insurance rates in Honolulu.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Honolulu is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Shoppers only need to know the proper way to shop their coverage around online from multiple companies.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes for Honda Pilot insurance in Honolulu is to know the fact car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide information like if you require a SR-22, marital status, if the vehicle is leased, and if it has an alarm system. Your details is instantly submitted to multiple top-rated companies and you get price estimates immediately.
To compare multiple company cheaper Honda Pilot insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Honolulu, HI. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$162||$224||$270||$16||$80||$752||$63|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$122||$184||$300||$18||$90||$714||$60|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$158||$220||$358||$22||$106||$864||$72|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$136||$246||$344||$20||$104||$850||$71|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$286||$506||$358||$22||$106||$1,278||$107|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$214||$278||$346||$20||$104||$962||$80|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$222||$424||$300||$18||$90||$1,054||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in Honolulu location which can alter prices significantly.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can increase Honda Pilot insurance premiums for each different age category. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Honda Pilot insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Honda Pilot liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Honda Pilot car insurance rates with and without full coverage. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no specific rule to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Honda Pilot replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Honda Pilot insurance discounts in Honolulu
Some providers don't always advertise every disount available very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Honolulu could trigger savings when getting a Honolulu car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Payment Method - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower premium rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
It's important to note that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
To see car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Hawaii, click here.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Honda Pilot Insurance
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower premium levels. Many different elements are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are more obscure like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Insurance rates for married couples - Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your policy. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and it's proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Don't buy extra coverages that may not be needed - There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren't diligent. Coverages for rental car coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
- Lower rates come with age - Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.Teenage drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Safety first - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Gender as a rate factor - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Honda Pilot claim data - Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that have higher loss trends will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Honda Pilot vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Pilot Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Pilot 4dr 2WD 70 96 69 82 82 86 Honda Pilot 4dr 4WD 79 105 81 88 74 82
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but work with a local Honolulu insurance agent
Some people would prefer to have an agent's advice and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Honolulu.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you directly. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local Honolulu insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it's a good idea to understand why they differ because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, you need to include several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Honolulu that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu that can give you rate quotes.
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Once you have satisfactory answers as well as a price you're happy with, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Cheap auto insurance premiums are out there
When searching for affordable Honda Pilot insurance quotes, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious Honda Pilot insurance can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Hawaii Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)