Do you want lower-priced Lexus RX 350 insurance in Honolulu? Think you have an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? You're preaching to the choir because you're not the only one.
Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Honolulu insurance shoppers could save 40% a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to find cheap insurance rates.
Big companies like Allstate and Progressive all promote huge savings with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to avoid their marketing magic and take the time to shop coverage around.
Companies offering Lexus RX 350 insurance in Hawaii
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Hawaii. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX 350 2WD||$136||$288||$314||$18||$94||$850||$71|
|RX 350 4WD||$250||$458||$306||$18||$92||$1,124||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and accident claims raise Lexus RX 350 yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The information below illustrates the difference between Lexus RX 350 auto insurance rates with and without full coverage. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive formula for eliminating physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Lexus RX 350 replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Lexus RX 350 insurance rates by gender in Honolulu
The information below illustrates the difference between Lexus RX 350 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Discount Honolulu car insurance rates
Some providers don't always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Multiple Cars - Buying a policy with multiple cars on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver's education if offered at their school.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Use Seat Belts - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on RX 350 insurance in Honolulu.
- E-sign - A handful of companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- No Accidents - Drivers who don't have accidents get the best car insurance rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car instead of a used RX 350 can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- USAA has savings for military installation, multi-policy, annual mileage, loyalty savings, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
- American Family includes discounts for good student, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance offers discounts for good student, online quote, Switch & Save, online shopper, and DriveSense.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for youthful driver, good student, pay in full, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, good student, driver's education, and defensive driving training.
If you need cheaper Honolulu auto insurance quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be offered in your area. To view insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Hawaii, click here.
Local Honolulu car insurance agents and car insurance
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Honolulu who will give you quotes to get your business. You won't even need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Honolulu?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Honolulu may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. They are well schooled on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Honolulu exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that can give you comparison quotes.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Collision - Collision insurance pays for damage to your RX 350 caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your RX 350 to bring the cost down.
Medical expense coverage - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills such as X-ray expenses, chiropractic care, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage - This protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Lexus RX 350.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Hawaii limits are 20/40/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive protection - Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hail damage, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance - This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other's property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn't cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 20/40/10 which means $20,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like loss of income, attorney fees and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. Hawaii state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but drivers should carry higher limits.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
In this article, we covered many ways to lower your Lexus RX 350 insurance prices in Honolulu. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Lexus RX 350 insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When buying insurance coverage, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Hawaii Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Pearl City, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)