Do you want a faster way to compare lower-priced insurance rates in Honolulu, HI? Honolulu buyers have options when searching for the best price on Jeep Liberty insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Jeep and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Honolulu agents.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers can save $859 each year, but they don't believe the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
Consumers should take time to quote other rates before your next renewal since prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the lowest rates on Jeep Liberty insurance in Honolulu six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the best way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Finding a better price on insurance is a great way to save money. Just take a couple of minutes to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Liberty Sport 2WD||$192||$332||$270||$16||$80||$890||$74|
|Liberty Limited 2WD||$224||$388||$320||$18||$96||$1,046||$87|
|Liberty Renegade 4WD||$152||$210||$272||$16||$82||$732||$61|
|Liberty Sport 4WD||$122||$202||$344||$20||$104||$792||$66|
|Liberty Limited 4WD||$140||$266||$358||$22||$106||$892||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can influence prices greatly.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Liberty car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rates are based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for excluding physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Jeep Liberty book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $500 a year for full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Car insurance rates by gender and age
The illustration below shows the difference between Jeep Liberty insurance prices for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
How careless driving impacts Honolulu car insurance rates
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims influence Jeep Liberty insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required by state law in Hawaii and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jeep has a lienholder, most banks will require that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Jeep at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Jeep as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance ads bend the truth
Consumers can't ignore all the ads that claim the lowest car insurance rates from the likes of Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to seem to make the promise that you can save after switching your policy.
How does every company claim to save you money? This is the trick they use.
Companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of insured that earns them a profit. One example of a profitable insured could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, owns a home, and has excellent credit. Any person that matches those criteria will get the preferred premium rates in Honolulu and will also pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who don't measure up to these standards will have to pay a more expensive rate and this can result in business not being written. Company advertisements say "people that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" can save as much as they claim. That's the way insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
Because of this risk profiling, you should quote coverage with many companies. It's just not possible to know which company will provide the lowest Jeep Liberty insurance in Honolulu.
Lower-cost Honolulu auto insurance quotes with discounts
Some companies don't necessarily list every possible discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Low Mileage - Low annual miles can qualify you for slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Organization Discounts - Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Having multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
To view insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Hawaii, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Honolulu insurance agent
A lot of people still like to have an agent's advice and that is OK! Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Honolulu.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Honolulu who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Honolulu?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
If you get good feedback for all questions you ask as well as a price you're happy with, it's possible that you found an insurance company that can be trusted to provide car insurance coverage.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different and your auto insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Hawaii?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Hawaii?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Frequent quotes can save
Lower-priced auto insurance in Honolulu is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When you buy Honolulu car insurance online, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered many ideas to compare Jeep Liberty insurance rates in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Hawaii Car Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Homeowners in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)