Are you trying to find the cheapest Jaguar XK insurance in Honolulu? Are you drained from not being able to afford to pay high car insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different than millions of other vehicle owners.
A recent car insurance study discovered that a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Many consumers in Hawaii could save themselves nearly 40% a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
There is such a variety of insurers to choose from, and although it's nice to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Honolulu can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the concepts you're about to learn. But Hawaii car owners can benefit from knowing how big insurance companies sell online and use it to your advantage.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in cheaper rates.
Listed below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Cautious drivers pay less - Whether or not you get tickets can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Even one speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. People who have careless citations such as DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Combine policies with the same company - Most car insurance companies provide better rates to people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Gender and insurance coverage costs - Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn't mean females are better drivers. Women and men get in accidents in similar percentages, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use - The higher the miles on your Jaguar in a year's time the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. It's a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet states annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your XK may be costing you higher rates.
- Where you live can modify prices - Choosing to live in a small town is a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated Hawaii areas tend to have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Loss probability for a Jaguar XK - Auto insurance companies use claims history when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that historically have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Jaguar XK vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Jaguar XK Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XK 2dr 167 Jaguar XK Convertible 119
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare prices from many insurance companies in Hawaii. The best method to do a complete rate comparison consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
It's so easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to insurance agents' offices. The ability to quote Jaguar XK insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the guidance of a local agency. Although, it is possible price shop your coverage online but still have the advice of a local agent.
Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies helps locate lower pricing. Not every company allows you to get Honolulu XK insurance quotes over the internet, so you also need to get price estimates from those companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Honolulu, HI. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Coupe||$288||$706||$212||$12||$64||$1,282||$107|
|XK 2-Dr Coupe||$312||$576||$294||$18||$88||$1,288||$107|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Convertible||$218||$402||$270||$16||$80||$986||$82|
|XK 2-Dr Convertible||$174||$348||$254||$16||$76||$868||$72|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can revise insurance rates substantially.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below examines Jaguar XK premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop full coverage
There isn't a written rule of when to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Jaguar XK claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you haven't paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Car insurance rates by age and gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of Jaguar XK auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insuring your Jaguar XK just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Jaguar with a loan, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jaguar at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Jaguar as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Claim-Free Discount - Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with bad drivers.
- Federal Government Employee - Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- College Student Discount - Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current XK insurance policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Anti-theft System - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Honolulu car insurance quote.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it's just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver's education, defensive driving training, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide has savings for business or organization, easy pay, family plan, defensive driving, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and air bags.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, education and occupation, good driver, multi-policy, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include 55 and older, automatic seat belts, early bird, driver training, air bags, and student driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including air bag, vehicle fuel type, bundle, good student, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not be available in every state. To view insurance companies that offer discounts in Hawaii, click here to view.
When to get advice from an agent
Many drivers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Honolulu that can provide free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any agent in Honolulu should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Which family members are covered?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Honolulu insurance agent, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Honolulu agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Honolulu willing to provide price quote information.
Suzette Rudolf Trehern - State Farm Insurance Agent
7192 Kalanianaole Hwy g210 - Honolulu, HI 96825 - (808) 395-3434 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are Honolulu independent agents that are able to give price quote information.
More effort can pay off
While you're price shopping online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
A few companies don't offer price quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Discount Jaguar XK insurance can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
More information is located below:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Nanakuli, Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Hawaii Car Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)