Do you want to save money by finding the cheapest Honda CR-Z insurance in Honolulu? Being forced to pay for pricey car insurance premiums can sap your accounts and put a big crunch on your finances.
Regrettably, most car insurance buyers have been with the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. Hawaii drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the rate savings if they just switched companies. You have multiple car insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more options can take longer to get the best deal for Honda CR-Z insurance in Honolulu.
Consumers should take time to check car insurance prices quite often since insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the best premium rates on Honda CR-Z insurance in Honolulu a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it's time to teach you one of the best ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
This information will instruct you on how insurance works and some tips to save money. If you have car insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas presented in this article. Comparison shoppers just need to know the tricks to compare rate quotes online.
Smart Buyers Know How to Buy Insurance Cheaper
Many different elements are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Allowing your insurance to lapse raises insurance rates - Letting your insurance expire can be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Hawaii motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Teen drivers cost more - More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.Teen drivers tend to be inattentive behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- Safer occupants lowers prices - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you.
- Big cities have higher rates - Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when buying insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident.
- High credit scores save money - Credit score can be an important factor in determining premium rates. If your credit rating could use some work, you may save money insuring your Honda CR-Z if you clean up your credit. People that have good credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have bad credit.
- Claims statistics for a Honda CR-Z - Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting premium rates. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for coverage.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Honda CR-Z vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Honda CR-Z Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Getting more affordable Honda CR-Z car insurance pricing isn't really that difficult. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to compare rate quotes to see which company has the cheapest Honda CR-Z rate quotes.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to drive around to local Honolulu insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the trained advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Drivers can comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local agent.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Insuring your Honda vehicle just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Honda CR-Z insurance, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda CR-Z has a lienholder, most banks will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Affordable rates by receiving discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but a few need to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- College Student - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Honolulu and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Sign Online - A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Onboard Data Collection - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to track vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Honolulu Homeowners Discount - Just owning your own home can save you money since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
To view car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Honolulu, follow this link.
Buying from car insurance agents
Many drivers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with small agencies is important particularly in Honolulu.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent because prices are sent to your email. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
The following is a short list of insurers in Honolulu that may be able to provide rate quotes for Honda CR-Z insurance in Honolulu.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Which family members are covered?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Honolulu?
Lower-priced Honda CR-Z insurance in Honolulu is definitely available online in addition to many Honolulu insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don't offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, don't be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
We covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Honda CR-Z insurance in Honolulu. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Honolulu auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Honolulu auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Additional auto insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Much are Hawaii Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)