Using the web to shop for Honolulu auto insurance quotes online may appear to be difficult at first if you are like the majority of consumers and have never used online price quotes. But relax because we're going to show you how to find lower-cost Ford Expedition in Honolulu.
Sad but true, most consumers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Honolulu could save themselves roughly 40% a year just by shopping around, but they feel it's too difficult to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. Buying affordable protection in Honolulu is simple if you know the tricks. But Hawaii consumers must know how companies sell online and use it to your advantage.
The best way to compare car insurance rates for Ford Expedition insurance in Honolulu is to know most larger insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. All you need to do is provide details like your credit rating estimate, how much you drive, how your vehicles are used, and how old drivers are. Your details is sent automatically to multiple companies and they return cost estimate instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Honolulu.
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$208||$312||$232||$14||$70||$836||$70|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$246||$464||$292||$18||$88||$1,108||$92|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$146||$236||$216||$12||$64||$674||$56|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$142||$216||$226||$14||$68||$666||$56|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$222||$476||$236||$14||$70||$1,018||$85|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$252||$558||$272||$16||$82||$1,180||$98|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$182||$320||$230||$14||$68||$814||$68|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$222||$398||$254||$16||$76||$966||$81|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$246||$500||$254||$16||$76||$1,092||$91|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$180||$320||$236||$14||$70||$820||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower premiums considerably.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford Expedition annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford Expedition settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Physical damage deductibles
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Ford Expedition insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Ford Expedition annual premiums for males versus females
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford Expedition insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Discounts for cheaper car insurance quotes
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Sign Online - A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 shop Honolulu auto insurance on their website.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car model may earn a small discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Multi-line Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Membership in Organizations - Belonging to certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Distant College Student Discount - Youth drivers living away from Honolulu attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Own a Home and Save - Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Data Collection Discounts - Honolulu drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to spy on their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Drive Less and Save - Maintaining low annual mileage can earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, good driver, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for good student, accident-free, anti-theft, annual mileage, age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and type of vehicle.
- Nationwide discounts include anti-theft, easy pay, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, defensive driving, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, federal employee, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and air bags.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, and multi-car.
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Honolulu. To see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Hawaii, click here to view.
Why you need insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Expedition insurance, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford Expedition has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Ford Expedition and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Local Honolulu insurance agencies
Some consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to drive around because prices are sent to you directly. It's the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Honolulu?
- If they are an independent agency in Honolulu, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they operate. Honolulu agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents of this type can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. They are trained well on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu that are able to give price quotes.
- Doug Kam-Young - State Farm Insurance Agent
2841 Kaonawai Pl - Honolulu, HI 96822 - (808) 988-7011 - View Map
- Herb Fujikawa - State Farm Insurance Agent
3538 Waialae Ave #205 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 732-1076 - View Map
- Dee Ann Lee - State Farm Insurance Agent
600 Kapiolani Blvd #210 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 599-7666 - View Map
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Honolulu who can help you get rate quotes.
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 534-7300 - View Map
- Pyramid Insurance Center Ltd
420 Waiakamilo Rd - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 527-7667 - View Map
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 626-5068 - View Map