Are you trying to find more competitive Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Honolulu? Saving money on Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Honolulu may be nearly impossible for people who have little experience shopping for insurance online. There are so many choices that it can quickly become hard work to locate the lowest premium rates.
A recent insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Hawaii being $1,000, drivers could pocket roughly $360 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don't want to compare rates and save money.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates every six months because insurance prices change quite often. If you had the best price on Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Honolulu a couple years back a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we're going to demonstrate one of the easiest ways to find better coverage on Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Honolulu at a better price.
Cheaper Honolulu auto insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Renewal Discounts - Some companies reward drivers for switching policies early. It can save you around 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting insurance on a new Tiguan can get you a discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Memberships - Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Large auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, bundle, good student, anti-theft, and air bag.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, Steer into Savings, good driver, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, multi-policy, multi-car, continuous insurance, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, good student, early shopping, youthful driver, and homeowner.
- USAA may offer discounts for loyalty savings, vehicle storage, driver training, military installation, safe driver, family discount, and annual mileage.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for newly retired, new graduate, good student, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, and teen driver discount.
If you need affordable Volkswagen Tiguan insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to view insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Hawaii, click this link.
Low cost Volkswagen Tiguan insurance prices in Honolulu
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from lots of Hawaii insurance companies. The easiest way to compare Volkswagen Tiguan insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison.
Just remember that more quotes helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$122||$246||$292||$18||$88||$766||$64|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$160||$292||$216||$12||$64||$744||$62|
|Tiguan SE 4Motion AWD||$210||$374||$232||$14||$70||$900||$75|
|Tiguan SEL 4Motion AWD||$230||$406||$226||$14||$68||$944||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise auto insurance rates greatly.
Careless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims can impact Volkswagen Tiguan car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When quoting and comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Hawaii minimum liability coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
When should I contact an insurance agency?
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a local agent. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is especially important in Honolulu.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Honolulu who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Different types of auto insurance agents in Honolulu
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Honolulu that may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Atlas Insurance
1132 Bishop St #1600 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 533-8728 - View Map
- Cavanah Associates, Inc.
1100 Alakea St #2600 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 537-1970 - View Map
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 626-5068 - View Map
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. They are very knowledgeable on their company's products which can be an advantage. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu that can give you price quote information.
- Cynthia Leiko Frost - State Farm Insurance Agent
2038 S King St - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 952-5353 - View Map
- Scott Saito - State Farm Insurance Agent
1150 S King St #901d - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 946-8464 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Boyd Kauhane
1682 Kalakaua Ave #1 - Honolulu, HI 96826 - (808) 638-3673 - View Map
Selecting a car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hail damage, fire damage, a broken windshield, falling objects and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen Tiguan.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (Hawaii limits are 20/40/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your Tiguan resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, rolling your car and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It's also possible to bump up the deductible on your Tiguan in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, prosthetic devices, dental work, nursing services and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 20/40/10 that translate to a limit of $20,000 per injured person, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as bail bonds, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford. Hawaii requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but it's recommended drivers buy more coverage.
You can lower your car insurance rates
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best prices are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn't have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
More affordable car insurance in Honolulu can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, so you need to quote Honolulu auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in the articles below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Hawaii Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Hawaii? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)